NEXUS cards could be issued to Canadian fans at Bills games?

Nice touch...

John Kryk@JohnKryk 2m

My exclusive on Cdn gov't not dismissing US Sen. Schumer's idea to issue #NEXUS cards to Canadians at #Bills games: http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/canadian-government-does-not-dismiss-us-senators-idea-to-conduct-nexus-checks-and-issue-cards-at-buffalo-bills-games/

Edited by YoloinOhio

What's stopping them from getting them now?

Per Kryk: "Currently, the only way for a Canadian to obtain a NEXUS card is to apply online or by mail, and then wait several months to be interviewed by immigration officers of both countries at a Canada Border Services Agency enrollment centre."

He theorizes that people may go to Bills games simply to get the card so easily/quickly... lol

Edited by YoloinOhio

The whole thing is beyond silly. Open the border as it was before. The Canadians are our friends ferchrissakes, and always have been!

The FEAR in this country is beyond ridiculous.

That's what they want you to think.

Shirely, you've not seen Canadian Bacon. Many think it to be a work of fiction. It is, in fact, non fiction and documents the untold and secret war between the US and Canada.

That's what they want you to think.

Shirely, you've not seen Canadian Bacon. Many think it to be a work of fiction. It is, in fact, non fiction and documents the untold and secret war between the US and Canada.

The Canadians. They walk among us. William Shatner. Michael J. Fox. Monty Hall. Mike Myers. Alex Trebek. All of them Canadians. All of them here. Think of your children pledging allegiance to the maple leaf. Mayonnaise on everything. Winter 11 months of the year. Anne Murray - all day, every day.

I think you had to grow up within an hour of the border to truly appreciate that movie.

The Canadians. They walk among us. William Shatner. Michael J. Fox. Monty Hall. Mike Myers. Alex Trebek. All of them Canadians. All of them here. Think of your children pledging allegiance to the maple leaf. Mayonnaise on everything. Winter 11 months of the year. Anne Murray - all day, every day.

I think you had to grow up within an hour of the border to truly appreciate that movie.

If they would have touched on the red haired mullets I would have given it 6 stars.

The whole thing is beyond silly. Open the border as it was before. The Canadians are our friends ferchrissakes, and always have been!

The FEAR in this country is beyond ridiculous.

Yeah why be cautious about national security, that's not important or anything

Anne Murray - all day, every day.

=

Stop!, Stop! I can't take anymore!

Yeah why be cautious about national security, that's not important or anything

Yeah, cuz them canadians are scary, and might kill us in our sleep!

I'm WAY more scared about the mentally ill having the capability to buy an arsenal of weaponry to commit indiscriminate mayhem, and at a discount!

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

=

Stop!, Stop! I can't take anymore!

Yeah, cuz them canadians are scary, and might kill us in our sleep!

I'm WAY more scared about the mentally ill having the capability to buy an arsenal of weaponry to commit indiscriminate mayhem, and at a discount!

I'm worried about Y2K.

We can get them now. The only reason I haven't, is because in order to use the Nexus lane, everyone in the vehicle has to have the card...I travel down to games with different people all the time, so not really convenient.

It's not hard to get a Nexus pass. But instant or same day access is not possible. People wait for a long time to be approved for the Nexus pass. Background investigations and all that stuff has to be done. It won't happen.

And if it does, it's a travesty to the idea of national security.

You forgot two of the most dangerous Canadians of all. Celine Dion and Justin bieber.

It's not hard to get a Nexus pass. But instant or same day access is not possible. People wait for a long time to be approved for the Nexus pass. Background investigations and all that stuff has to be done. It won't happen.

And if it does, it's a travesty to the idea of national security.

Sorry, but the current version of Border Patrol is a travesty to our Constitution. Anyone within 100 miles of a coastline or international border lives within a constitution free zone. BP are legally allowed to perform warrant-less searches, and even search without probable cause within these zones.

BP could show up at Ralph Wilson Stadium and detain and search anyone they wanted. They aren't limited to actual borders.

Edit: Here's a map of the constitution free zone

https://www.aclu.org/know-your-rights-constitution-free-zone-map

Edited by Fingon