Bills trying to change state law to sell beer at 11am

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The negative nancies will spin this as the Bills trying to make more money from concessions...which is obviously a part of it. As a fan who enjoys tailgating, however, whether this law passes or not has absolutely no impact on me. I was already looking forward this season to getting into the stadium earlier to check out all of the "improvements" -- I'm past the days of getting completely blitzed in the parking lot and having the option to get a beverage before 12 once I get inside would be nice.

The so-called Blue Laws are ridiculously outdated anyway. I can go get whatever I want on a Saturday morning at 8 a.m. but not on the "holy day?" Absurd.

It seems like I would forget about this stupid law every September in my early twenties. I would get out to the grocery store in the morning to gear up on munchies and beer all excited for opening day of football to start only to be crushed when the checkout girl would remind me that she couldn't sell me beer for a couple more hours.

Definitely antiquated and ridiculous as a law can be.

As for the Bills if they have as much going on outside in the new concourse area as they have been advertising it makes good sense to be able to sell beer a little earlier in there too. I don't see anything wrong with them trying to draw people inside a little earlier than usual.

It seems like I would forget about this stupid law every September in my early twenties. I would get out to the grocery store in the morning to gear up on munchies and beer all excited for opening day of football to start only to be crushed when the checkout girl would remind me that she couldn't sell me beer for a couple more hours.

Definitely antiquated and ridiculous as a law can be.

As for the Bills if they have as much going on outside in the new concourse area as they have been advertising it makes good sense to be able to sell beer a little earlier in there too. I don't see anything wrong with them trying to draw people inside a little earlier than usual.

You can actually buy beer from a store starting at 8 am on Sundays now. This changed a few years ago. This proposed change is only for "on-premise" sales.

You can actually buy beer from a store starting at 8 am on Sundays now. This changed a few years ago. This proposed change is only for "on-premise" sales.

Ha, not sure how I missed that. Guess my enthusiasm for getting beer very early before a game hasn't been what it was in a long time.

Strange that they would change the law for buying beer in the stores but not buying beer from a stadium or bar?

The negative nancies will spin this as the Bills trying to make more money from concessions...which is obviously a part of it. As a fan who enjoys tailgating, however, whether this law passes or not has absolutely no impact on me. I was already looking forward this season to getting into the stadium earlier to check out all of the "improvements" -- I'm past the days of getting completely blitzed in the parking lot and having the option to get a beverage before 12 once I get inside would be nice.

The so-called Blue Laws are ridiculously outdated anyway. I can go get whatever I want on a Saturday morning at 8 a.m. but not on the "holy day?" Absurd.

But, how will that Brie and wine taste Mr. Club Seats??????

I am calling the crush to get into the stadium for the opener at 12 not 12.30. Everyone will want to get in to check out the new digs.

I just can't see many people going in at 11.... That's a lot of time to kill. But , I can see going it at 12 and heading to that new bar area if it turns out to be big enough for the pregame crush

Edited by plenzmd1

But, how will that Brie and wine taste Mr. Club Seats??????

Touche. I was waiting for that. ;)

I am calling the crush to get into the stadium for the opener at 12 not 12.30. Everyone will want to get in to check out the new digs.

I just can't see many people going in at 11.... That's a lot of time to kill. But , I can see going it at 12 and heading to that new bar area if it turns out to be big enough for the pregame crush

I'm thinking between 11:30-12 sounds about right for me. Maybe a bit earlier if I want to wander through the new Bills store. Before, there was absolutely nothing to do once you got into the stadium but stand in a long beer line and head to your seats. If what they've told us about the enhancements are true, enjoying some time inside the gates might actually have merit.

Agreed on checking out the new bar at the east endzone. After my brie and wine, of course.

I am thinking this isn't for the crowd who is pounding beers in the parking lot until 12:56 (not that there is anything wrong with that!) but rather for those who want to get in the stadium, have lunch and a beer or two before the game starts. It makes sense with the restaurant and new areas going in where you can hang out now.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Part of it? What other reason is there? :)

They should be able to sell it whenever. I know that you used to not be able to buy beer in supermarkets before noon on Sundays as well. Supposedly this was to encourage going to church instead of drinking. Much like how bars used to be closed on election day to encourage voting. But I'm pretty sure I can go into wegmans Sunday mornings now and buy beer, though honestly it has been a long time since I would have tried so I could be wrong.

If what they've told us about the enhancements are true, enjoying some time inside the gates might actually have merit.

I'm really curious about this. I went to the new Giants stadium a few years ago for the Bills game and was really impressed with all the stuff they have going on outside of the stadium once you actually pass through the ticket gates. There were bands playing and all sorts of fan activities.

Something along those lines would definitely pull me in a little earlier than usual and if I could buy a beer I likely would.

I don't think I've ever looked forward to a preseason game like I am for the 23rd just to be able to get the first look at all of this stuff.

Touche. I was waiting for that. ;)

I'm thinking between 11:30-12 sounds about right for me. Maybe a bit earlier if I want to wander through the new Bills store. Before, there was absolutely nothing to do once you got into the stadium but stand in a long beer line and head to your seats. If what they've told us about the enhancements are true, enjoying some time inside the gates might actually have merit.

Agreed on checking out the new bar at the east endzone. After my brie and wine, of course.

I usually plan on getting to gates at 12.20, into stadium at 12.40..i might adjust to 15 minutes earlier for the opener.

I think the store and bar area at the opener is going to be a zoo, i plan on going after the game or at the Pats game.

I'm really curious about this. I went to the new Giants stadium a few years ago for the Bills game and was really impressed with all the stuff they have going on outside of the stadium once you actually pass through the ticket gates. There were bands playing and all sorts of fan activities.

Something along those lines would definitely pull me in a little earlier than usual and if I could buy a beer I likely would.

I don't think I've ever looked forward to a preseason game like I am for the 23rd just to be able to get the first look at all of this stuff.

Cowboy Stadium was same way..Bills should have the Jills insdie the new "front door" dancing...oh

Nothing spells "family oriented" like statring your stadium drunk an hour earlier. Why wait til the 1st quarter to fall down the stairs?

Families don't spend as much money as four guys each buying eight beers. Besides, they have a family section now anyway.

Nothing spells "family oriented" like statring your stadium drunk an hour earlier. Why wait til the 1st quarter to fall down the stairs?

one inside the stadium better than 3 down a funnel outside the stadium....and for the record, i represent that remark

I usually plan on getting to gates at 12.20, into stadium at 12.40..i might adjust to 15 minutes earlier for the opener.

I think the store and bar area at the opener is going to be a zoo, i plan on going after the game or at the Pats game.

A post-game beverage at the new bar sounds like a great idea, presuming I don't have to catch a Sunday evening flight. We should consider that for the home opener (not going home until Monday).

I would think about utilizing this if they offered a couple compelling things. Entertainment wise and fun-wise. We also may need a smoking area as my friends who smoke will not want to go in early without.

if this just entails buying a $8 beer and going to my seat to watch a blank field or punting practice while 20 security guards are breathing down my neck, Ill choose the lots.