Eric Cantor just lost his primary.

That is truly an embarrassing response.

Population growth at a reasonable rate and assuming people are productive, yes. NumbersUSA has done a bunch of studies on this tracking immigration figures throughout US history and those studies show that there is a "right number". We're well above that in recent years. If I can find the info I'll post it later.

Yes, I agree, a reasonable number. But you are Dead wrong in regards to being above that number.

An aging Baby Boomer population and slower immigration combined for nearly stagnant U.S. population growth in 2013 as the total number of residents increased at the slowest pace since the

Figures released Monday by the U.S. Census Bureau show that growth for the 12 months ending July 1 was 0.71%, or just under 2.3 million people. That's the slowest since 1937, according to Brookings Institution demographer William Frey, who called this year's growth "underwhelming."

In 2011-2012, the U.S. population grew at a slightly higher 0.75% rate.

http://www.usatoday....growth/4248089/

That's not a "reasonable" rate of growth. Specially in a time where we NEED more people paying into S.S and Medicare.

Edited by Magox

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Politics aside, what is most amazing about all of this is that the Republican and Democrat candidates for this Virginia election are both teachers at the same small college:

Dave Brat

Jack Trammell

Think about it - Randolph Macon College only has 1200 students -that's only half the size of Medaille College!

It should make for some fun faculty meetings this fall!

How awesome would it be that the story comes out where they got into an argument and more or less lead to "oh yea well lets both run for election and see who was right".

Not me. Chris van Hollen is a !@#$ing idiot.

he's your congressman for crying out loud.....he deserves at least two censored adjectives before bestowing the title of 'idiot'.

you of all people should know that.

Congress has a 10% approval rating on average over the last fews years..... I am suprised there are not more of these, and maybe we will see more as time goes on.

This is getting a lot of press, maybe it will spark an anti-incumbent wave. Honestly, I think that is the only area where both party's voters would agree. We should make a pact to, at the very least, clean out the personal/political baggage.

Edited by MoreOffense

From Twitter:

The voters of Virginia have shown Eric Cantor a path to private citizenship.

&

GOP base shows anti-intellectual streak by rallying around a Ph.D. economist.

Op-Ed piece (authored by Brat) from last week:

http://www.timesdisp...494877c27a.html

I have promised to visit and listen to all people, regardless of party, in every county in the district once a month. That is my pledge.

No way he does this, but if 2 years from now he's running as an incumbent who actually did this I would respect the man.

i found it interesting that yahoo finance showed this venn diagram http://www.businessinsider.com/tea-party-and-occupy-wall-street-2011-10 in it's discussion on the cantor upset loss. i can't see a coalition around this but who knows?

Yeah...

That's exactly the argument I've been making for much, much longer than I've been posting here.

He's for a balanced budget amendment and a flat tax. And he's saying he's going to help the economy? Yup, he got the ignorant vote locked up

i found it interesting that yahoo finance showed this venn diagram http://www.businessinsider.com/tea-party-and-occupy-wall-street-2011-10 in it's discussion on the cantor upset loss. i can't see a coalition around this but who knows?

The day the old geezers in the tea party rally against Medicare is the day I'll believe they are against big government. They are against poor people getting health care