Anti Redskins Ad Airing During Primetime

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it was intended originally for respect, then keep it and change the attitude, including yours.

change the words meaning vs change the name of one of the last hold outs hanging onto the name....

one of those seems like a more obvious course of action as its an individual making as choice as opposed to creating a cultural shift... but whatever. I suspect snyder will at somepoint cave, as writers start switching to "washington football team"

change the words meaning vs change the name of one of the last hold outs hanging onto the name....

one of those seems like a more obvious course of action as its an individual making as choice as opposed to creating a cultural shift... but whatever. I suspect snyder will at somepoint cave, as writers start switching to "washington football team"

Better to cave to Political Correctness, which in itself is a oxi-moron, than to stand for tradition. I guess Seneca NY will have to change it's name to.

Better to cave to Political Correctness, which in itself is a oxi-moron, than to stand for tradition. I guess Seneca NY will have to change it's name to.

Out of curiosity, at what point would the situation be about common decency, instead of political correctness? For example, I would imagine you would agree that if the team name was the Washington N*****rs, you would consider a name change to be simple, common decency. What level of negative connotation would "redskin" have to possess before a name change became a question of common decency, and not political correctness?

if you want to hang your argument for political correctness ruining the nation on the term "redskin" so be it. i think there is a balance to be had between the two sides on a wider level, but this specific term seems like an obvious one to simply move on from.

Out of curiosity, at what point would the situation be about common decency, instead of political correctness? For example, I would imagine you would agree that if the team name was the Washington N*****rs, you would consider a name change to be simple, common decency. What level of negative connotation would "redskin" have to possess before a name change became a question of common decency, and not political correctness?

common decency. You mean like Miley Cyrus, Katie Perry, Desparate Housewives, Modern Family and anything on HBO. LOL Edited by bisonbrigade

if you want to hang your argument for political correctness ruining the nation on the term "redskin" so be it. i think there is a balance to be had between the two sides on a wider level, but this specific term seems like an obvious one to simply move on from.

Always remember that regardless of any particular political persuasion, a fallback position allows one to not participate in any serious critical thought or discourse.

Right, standing for a tradition of racism is the only way this country will survive. Seneca is not derogatory. If you don't see the difference then you don't see the difference.

It's a shame this always devolves into "stupid right wing bigots" against "whiny liberal know it alls."

I get fans like having history and tradition and the team likely thinks it's more profitable. I get that many Native Americans don't care or even like it. I get that there are a lot of people, including native Americans, that do not feel comfortable about it.

Just as Snyder is allowed to name his team, those that don't like the name have the right to pressure him to change it. I happen to think that the courteous thing to do is change the name - I don't think there's a reason to talk about fox news or obamacare here.

what is this sensible reply. You are correct though: Snyder has the right to keep the name, and those who dislike it can oppose it. This name has been around for so long, it raises the question of whether those against it are actually offended or simply looking for a cause. Either way, I really don't care. Up to Snyder and those who are allegedly offended to hash it out. Keeping the Bills in NYS is the biggest NFL issue for me.

Edited by RyanC883

To sum up the argument to keep the name the Redskins: Miley Cyrus and Desperate Housewives are on TV and people in Texans are offended by the name Texans. Case closed.

that's a misrepresentation of his argument. he also cited tradition.