Rick Reilly's Final Sports Column

Simmons mailbags were solid gold for a while there. He might be falling off a little now as he has gotten huge at espn lately.

I just never took to Reilly, but I have zero interest in golf which seems to be his thing.

I'm a Simmons fan still, but I am a big basketball nerd which is his forte.

I like Simmons because I am a Celtics fan. If I wasn't, I might find him a little over the top sometimes. He's pretty entertaining IMO.

I really like Simmons. Not quite as much as I used to, when I used to regularly email his columns to friends because I thought they were so funny.

But, he has to edit his columns down. I can't remember the last time I made it through a whole one.

He is not my favorite either... but it is sad that it won't be much longer before there is no vestiges of "old school" media left.

My dislike for Riley is based, by and large, for the fact that he has disparaged the 1990's Bills on a number of occaisions. In one of those NFL Films feautres he is on record as saying the 90's Bills Superbowl teams, and their accomplishiments were one of the most "overrated" things in the NFL history.

But hell, he isn't a Bills fan...I see it all the time around here from actual "Bills fans"...

I remember him saying that. It angered me because of all the talent the team had. He has come back to be a Jim Kelly fan.

He is not my favorite either... but it is sad that it won't be much longer before there is no vestiges of "old school" media left.

My dislike for Riley is based, by and large, for the fact that he has disparaged the 1990's Bills on a number of occaisions. In one of those NFL Films feautres he is on record as saying the 90's Bills Superbowl teams, and their accomplishiments were one of the most "overrated" things in the NFL history.

But hell, he isn't a Bills fan...I see it all the time around here from actual "Bills fans"...

I remember Riley's comments in that documentary. Thought he was unnecessarily superficial & a total wise - a- -.

Back in 2012, the way Reilly strong-arms Stuart Scott into saying Reilly was “first on twitter” with the report on Roethlisberger’s injury was quite awkward and the true mark of a douchebag. Watch Steve Young’s reaction – it is priceless.

http://deadspin.com/...tag=rick-reilly

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp