today marks 7 years since the Soprano's series finale...

The Poojer

Best show in modern television history...IMO. More than anything, responsible for the current "golden age" of boob tube drama excellence.

A few weeks ago, Steven Colbert had Matthew Weiner as a guest. Weiner is the guy behind "Mad Men", and was one of the "big three" behind the Sopranos (David Chase the creator, Wiener, and Terrence Winter who now does "Boardwalk Empire"). They were talikng about how "Mad Men" would end, next year... referencing Weiners' connection to "The Sopranos" finale, Colbert suggested that in the "Mad Men" finale, Don Draper should turn to the camera, and explain "The Sopranos" finale! :lol:

A favorite old article from The Onion, the week after "The Sopranos" finale...before James Gandolfini was actually dead...

http://www.theonion....eking-fan,2230/

Edited by Buftex

IIRC The Dean left a short while after it ended. I remember discussing with him David Chase's music selections - which he was extremely deliberate and careful about making. The Dean was a bit crest fallen because he had a hard time reconciling the end of his favorite show of all time with the choice of the ending song which was one of his all time worst bands. And he would always have to relate the two together... Which was abhorrent to him.

IIRC The Dean left a short while after it ended. I remember discussing with him David Chase's music selections - which he was extremely deliberate and careful about making. The Dean was a bit crest fallen because he had a hard time reconciling the end of his favorite show of all time with the choice of the ending song which was one of his all time worst bands. And he would always have to relate the two together... Which was abhorrent to him.

Actually he loved Journey - OLD Journey before Steve Perry came and turned them into a pop band.

I still remember specific scenes/songs; they really did a wonderful job coming up with the music.

Whatever happened to the Dean? I always liked his humor and insights?

Seems like yesterday.

Has there ever been an ending like that before or since, where the viewer actually gets to decide, depending on his point of view?

Personally, I like the ending after thinking about it for a bit. Depending on your mood, you can make it go any way you want. And NOBODY was moodier than Tony Soprano.

Seems like yesterday.

Has there ever been an ending like that before or since, where the viewer actually gets to decide, depending on his point of view?

Personally, I like the ending after thinking about it for a bit. Depending on your mood, you can make it go any way you want. And NOBODY was moodier than Tony Soprano.

Chase got a lot of heat for how he decided to end it. And yes, that ending was most famously used in the British tabloid serialization of "The Lady - or The Tiger" back in the late 19th century.

But the bottom line was Tony did get whacked by the pizza shop owner from Lambertville.