favorite "sleeper" movie

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

along this line of thinking...the movie open water had quite and effect on me. i am also claustrophobic and have a fear of heights, so if i were dropped from an airplane into the ocean inside of a small box...i think i would have a heart attack, stroke out, have a full on panic attack and explode within about 4 seconds.

At least it'd be quick. I'd probably linger in the ocean, surrounded by sharks, for three weeks.

Sunshine, directed by Danny Boyle. Great sci-fi movie. Good cast.

Night Watch (Nochnoi Dozor), directed by Timur Bekmambetov. I loved this movie. The sequel Day Watch was a bit of a disappointment but Night Watch was great. Very different.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Night Watch (Nochnoi Dozor), directed by Timur Bekmambetov. I loved this movie. The sequel Day Watch was a bit of a disappointment but Night Watch was great. Very different.

I loved "Night Watch". For those who haven't seen it, be sure to watch it with subtitles and not dubbed, it adds to the style of the movie. I never did see "Day Watch" as people said it was only a fair sequel.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is one I'd throw into the ring. It re-launched RDJ and premiered Shane Black's abilities behind the camera before Iron Man 3's success.

It's possibly Val Kilmer's best role. And he's had a lot of great roles in my book.

Not really a sleeper but Catch Me If You Can is just about as good as movies get if you ask me. If I see this movie on tv I can't turn it off. I'll stay inside on any nice day and watch this movie until it's finished.

I'll second Sunshine. I was really surprised by that one, thought it was going to be really bad. Pretty creepy and good though.

Someone upthread mentioned Memento. Good choice! I just watched it on Netflix. What a mind f¿<☆! I had seen it once before before about a year ago, but it was definately better the second time. It was very hard to follow the first time.

Someone upthread mentioned Memento. Good choice! I just watched it on Netflix. What a mind f¿<☆! I had seen it once before before about a year ago, but it was definately better the second time. It was very hard to follow the first time.

Helped put Christopher Nolan on the map.

Someone told me Atlas Shrugged is really good. No idea what it's about. He just said I need to watch it and wouldn't give up any info. Wanted it to be a surprise. I blew him off. Never even thought about it. Mistake? Anyone else seen this?