George Strait - 105,000 at Cowboys Stadium Saturday night

I love King George. I'd have loved to go, I am very jealous.

Miranda Lambert, Eric Church, Alan Jackson, Martina McBride, Kenny Chesney, Bubba Strait, Vince Gill and probably more are names I saw who appeared with him.

That's !@#$ing awesome. I mean, if I was going to see a concert, I'd have wanted to see that one.

And, in honor of this and someone who once meant a very lot to me, the very last song he listened to -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0j5twurJ0M

Suum cuique

Seeing a concert with over 100,000 other people sounds like the absolute worst music experience I can think of.

Woodstock had over 400,000 and sounds like it was an amazing experience!

Yeah if you're 18 and like sleeping in the mud. Sounds like a riot.

Looks like a blast!

2528207_f520.jpg

Looks awesome! Life is about experiences and memories. A week sleeping in the mud at woodtock provides a lifetime of memories you can always look back on and smile

There's a difference between spending money on a multi-day music fest and spending money for a 2-3 hour concert.

The music fest is about the experience; I agree. The expectation should be that you will hear great music as a background to the experiences you're enjoying.

Dropping dough on a one-two performer bill is completely different. One should want to see and hear the performers very well.

Looks awesome! Life is about experiences and memories. A week sleeping in the mud at woodtock provides a lifetime of memories you can always look back on and smile

Once again, when you're 18. Now it's the worst possible thing I could ever imagine experiencing.

Once again, that is your opinion, not mine. I guess I have a greater zest for life(even though I am not 18)

No you have a different zest for life. You can't tell me it's my opinion not yours and then go on to say you have a greater zest for life.

You prefer sleeping in the mud. I prefer a suite at the Ritz.

Interesting dynamic these threads always take to where it is opinion vs. opinion.

I hope this one plays out a little bit more and goes more in depth and likely could, provided it is done tactfully.

A suite at the Ritz with Beethoven, a hammock on the beach with Buffet, a muddy sleeping bag with bluegrass, or a 60's VW van with Phish...everyone is going to turn it in to something of their particular taste and comfort. In this case, I would do fine in any of those venues provided I could run over everyone at the Phish concert, elevate myself from the mud or find a fat chick to put beneath it, strangle buffet after he played Wasted Away 37 times, and keep Beethovens drool from getting on the bed.

But, to say that each their own and turn down something of lavish luxury is a bit absurd. At any point of life it is always much more comforting to simply have a big nice bed to sleep in regardless of how you may feel at the time. Maybe a muddy sleeping bag in the pouring rain would be eventful to a few but it is not something I can imagine anyone wanting to do repeatedly. And, for the record, I have done both, including without a sleeping bag, and even in the Boy Scouts having just a sleeping bag in the middle of midwestern Winter and at the age of 12,13 and 14 spend 36 hours by myself in snow, then with Order of the Arrow spending a weekend by ourselves with only a select amount of gear and it poured rain.

No you have a different zest for life. You can't tell me it's my opinion not yours and then go on to say you have a greater zest for life.

You prefer sleeping in the mud. I prefer a suite at the Ritz.

you prefer the Ritz, simple pleasures(a warm shower, my girl sneaking a kiss, a puppy) make me happy. You can have your Ritz. Those of us sleeping in the gutter are looking at the stars

you prefer the Ritz, simple pleasures(a warm shower, my girl sneaking a kiss, a puppy) make me happy. You can have your Ritz. Those of us sleeping in the gutter are looking at the stars

why does your reply need to reek of judgment? Maybe to some the Ritz is a simple pleasure. Sleeping while looking at the stars getting ate up by bugs, surrounded by critters and on a rough hard ground in a measily sleeping bag is not pleasurable to many people of this world.

Yeah kisses and puppy, dogs, and warm showers suck. Because you're absolutely right. People who like the Ritz don't care for, or understand the simple pleasures in life.

And those of you sleeping in the gutter are looking at the stars. Whoa dude, that's deep. Hitting the bong hard tonight I take it?

I'm going to spell this out for you, since you're clearly too damn stupid to understand it otherwise:

Sleeping in the mud does not make you elite. It does not better than everyone else. It just means you slept in the mud.

I'm going to spell this out for you, since you're clearly too damn stupid to understand it otherwise:

Sleeping in the mud does not make you elite. It does not better than everyone else. It just means you slept in the mud.

I am going to spell it out for you, you condescending megalomaniac

I am going to spell it out for you, you condescending megalomaniac

Which if you were sleeping in the mud you most likely could not hear not see the performance. But keep holding on to the romance of that disaster area.

Edited by Chef Jim