World Cup Thread

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard was incredible or else they would have lost 3-0 or worse. As it was they had their chance to steal the game in the 93d minute and missed. They did make it fun in the last 15 of extra time, had a couple chances to tie it and couldn't get a quality shot off.

In the end they just have too many mediocre guys on that team that can't win one-on-one battles, can't stay with good strikers and aren't accurate and creative with the passing. One positive sign is the young guys on the bench seem to be more talented than some of the starters. Hopefully they can keep evolving that roster.

Howard was incredible or else they would have lost 3-0 or worse. As it was they had their chance to steal the game in the 93d minute and missed. They did make it fun in the last 15 of extra time, had a couple chances to tie it and couldn't get a quality shot off.

In the end they just have too many mediocre guys on that team that can't win one-on-one battles, can't stay with good strikers and aren't accurate and creative with the passing. One positive sign is the young guys on the bench seem to be more talented than some of the starters. Hopefully they can keep evolving that roster.

Even with all that USA at the 93rd minute almost got the 1-0.

Team USA- you put the world on notice!

Player of game has to be Howard. It is great having a player of his caliber back there.

Jones makes it happen all over the field

One plus,, a 4:00 start makes for a 4:00-6:00 happy hour

"They" say it takes 3 generations of players to build a top end program. Realistically, ours started in the early 90's. We are about 1/2 - 3/4 of the way through the second generation. I feel we're right on track for this to come to fruition. In 2022 we should be a force to be reckoned with. We had the World Cup that we needed to keep the momentum going getting out of that group with Portugal and Ghana was huge. Sure, we could surprise in Russia (as we had a slim chance to here) but 2022, we could / should be among the favorites. It was a fun ride, but we were never winning it all this time.

Now I drink Scotch and drunk dial a girl I'm going to regret in the morning.

Don't Tread On Me.

Edited by Mark80

Now I drink Scotch and drunk dial a girl I'm going to regret in the morning.

Don't Tread On Me.

Substitute scotch for Cuervo and those are my thoughts too. You sir have good tastes in plans, music, booze and sentiment

Crushed. Feel bad for Howard. We can't play that defensive all game.

On the positive side, we have some young players who look good when given a chance. Yedlin played great.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

As bummed as I am about the result, I am excited about this team's future. We play with lots of heart and have promising young talent. Jurgen also is the right guy to lead this team forward. I am proud of this team.

I really enjoyed watching the world cup but now with the US done, I'm done with soccer for 4 more years. The sport still HSS work to do to get my interest. I hope they can but I don't know if I can take the leap. But the world cup is an extraordinary event.

Damn. Hurts. Good heart at the end, but not enough skill and/or faith in the first 110 minutes or so.

Sick game from Howard wasted.

Turning now to the brotherhood of the grape to soften the blow.

Cheers to Deandre Yedlin and Julian Green!!

And (!@#$ it) to DeMarcus Beasley! He was great today.

And of course to Tim Howard. Stone cold genius of a baddassss goaltender!

Edited by Cugalabanza

Damn. Hurts. Good heart at the end, but not enough skill and/or faith in the first 110 minutes or so.

Sick game from Howard wasted.

Turning now to the brotherhood of the grape to soften the blow.

Cheers to Deandre Yedlin and Julian Green!!

And (!@#$ it) to DeMarcus Beasley! He was great today.

And of course to Tim Howard. Stone cold genius of a baddassss goaltender!

Beasley and Yedlin played their hearts out.

I really enjoyed watching the world cup but now with the US done, I'm done with soccer for 4 more years. The sport still HSS work to do to get my interest. I hope they can but I don't know if I can take the leap. But the world cup is an extraordinary event.

I am with you. I was able to generate some mild interest, but won't be watching any MLS games anytime soon.