firefox/mozilla/netscape users

nodnarb

Go to buffalobills.com and tell me if you see a zillion implementation errors that indicate that the developer(s) tested on IE only.

It's an unreadable mess. And firefox/mozilla are the most standards-compliant browsers on the market...so it's not "their fault".

how some people get paid in this world is beyond me.

Go to buffalobills.com and tell me if you see a zillion implementation errors that indicate that the developer(s) tested on IE only.

It's an unreadable mess. And firefox/mozilla are the most standards-compliant browsers on the market...so it's not "their fault".

how some people get paid in this world is beyond me.

217175[/snapback]

Looks fine to me (Mozilla 1.7.3). Make sure you have the latest version...?

I know what you mean -- I've seen tons of sites that are "broken," but Buffalobills.com doesn't appear to be one of them (at least not on the front page).

CW

Wow. I just figured it out. My fuggin zonealarm update is preventing some of the scripting and styles from downloading, so the layers can't be positioned properly. I turned off my firewall and bam, there it is. But why this didn't happen with IE is still very strange.

Oy.

Apologies in absentia to the BB.com developers.

Well, it ain't right, but there's no serious errors.

I'm using Firebird 0.7 (quite old) on Windoze Home XP if that's relevant.

The main pic on the top left is garbage, the text is fine, but it's taking FOREVER for the rest of the pics to load (I've got a cable modem.)

My fuggin zonealarm update is preventing some of the scripting and styles from downloading

I've been having intermittent DNS look up problems that are attributable to ZA as well.

I heard that RoadRunner is offering some sort of other firewall that I might give it a try.

I've been having intermittent DNS look up problems that are attributable to ZA as well.

I heard that RoadRunner is offering some sort of other firewall that I might give it a try.

217267[/snapback]

That's interesting. I've been having a ton of DNS resolving problems lately. I just installed Norton Firewall, but none of the more restrictive settings are on. I just assumed it was a problem with my ISP using a cache server that fugged up the DNS resolution or something.

Is there a way to trace or check DNS problems in Windows XP?

Is there a way to trace or check DNS problems in Windows XP?

Not that I know of, but then again I'm far from a Windoze expert.

My problem was diagnosed by realtime/online help via RoadRunner. (disable ZoneAlarm & the problem went away.) I subsequently found others posts on a BBS from others suffering similar problems w/ ZoneAlarm.

Conceivably, Norton could be doing the same thing i.e. being too restrictive on traffic.