unofficial TSW Jacksonville Super Bowl forum

Bob4Bills

As a nine year resident of Jax, I offer my 'search' services to any wallers interested in attending, where specific parties will be and how to navigate Jax.

A little tale of the tape for Jax:

In '95, the population was just over a half million. Now, 2.5 million people call Jax home, rivaling Houston as the nations largest land area city. The major reason for the population explosion is 'fed up frigid yankees'. I'm one of them.

Seriously, I'll try to answer anyone's request for info including people renting their homes, where and when attractions, etc. Just let me know.

As a nine year resident of Jax, I offer my 'search' services to any wallers interested in attending, where specific parties will be and how to navigate Jax.

A little tale of the tape for Jax:

In '95, the population was just over a half million. Now, 2.5 million people call Jax home, rivaling Houston as the nations largest land area city. The major reason for the population explosion is 'fed up frigid yankees'. I'm one of them.

Seriously, I'll try to answer anyone's request for info including people renting their homes, where and when attractions, etc. Just let me know.

217087[/snapback]

Bob...Im coming down thursday and will be working at the NFL Experiance. I'd love to know when and where the parties are going to be. I'll be staying at the Residence Inn Jacksonville Baymeadows on Dix Ellis Trail.

Bob...Im coming down thursday and will be working at the NFL Experiance. I'd love to know when and where the parties are going to be.  I'll be staying at the Residence Inn Jacksonville Baymeadows on Dix Ellis Trail.

217091[/snapback]

Awesome hotel! In Jax's nicest area! It'll take a little while but I'll link you up. Hope to see you here.

I'm only 4 hours away ...  I'm wondering if i were to take off Monday, leave work Friday early and just go party... I'm guessing even without a ticket, Jacksonville will be quite a rocking time that weekend...

hmmmmm....

217120[/snapback]

You know how it is in north Florida this time of year, Steve. Saturday, it was 72, today 44 degrees. Yes, it will be a major league bash, with mother nature the lone unknown..

You know how it is in north Florida this time of year, Steve. Saturday, it was 72, today 44 degrees. Yes, it will be a major league bash, with mother nature the lone unknown..

217128[/snapback]

weather? who cares! :w00t:

I'm from Buffalo, remember? Last night it got down to 38 down here, and thats ALL everyone has talked about at work today...

I just need to see if any of my friends have the weekend off to go... this is starting to sound like quite an idea.

When I went to SB XXXII (GB - NE, New Orleans) and XXXIII (Den - GB, San Diego) many of the "parties" were at places like Hard Rock, Planet Hollywood, House of Blues, and the like. The Commissioners Party in NO was in the convention center. Man, what a party that was!! All the different kind of food / drink that you could invision, along with all the eye-candy and NFL celebs. That is where I got RW's autograph.

SD was a little different - more laid back? They took one street and essentially closed it and opened the bars to the street. Pretty interesting.

My sister lives near PV, a bit of a hike to the city. Especially after having a few. May hope on a flight last minute.

Have fun!!

having a little issue with forwarding what I think is a great link to the activities scheduled...

Last Friday, the city rescinded/suspended the open container law for the super weekend throughout downtown... :w00t:

having a little issue with forwarding what I think is a great link to the activities scheduled...

Last Friday, the city rescinded/suspended the open container law for the super weekend throughout downtown... :w00t:

217159[/snapback]

Bob...I thought I'd give you a little help. Not sure if this is what you were talking about....

http://calendar.jacksonville.com/ptemp?tid...keys=super+bowl

or

http://www.jacksonville.com/superbowl/

or

http://www.superbowl.com/features/general_info

weather? who cares! :(

I'm from Buffalo, remember? Last night it got down to 38 down here, and thats ALL everyone has talked about at work today...

I just need to see if any of my friends have the weekend off to go... this is starting to sound like quite an idea.

217129[/snapback]

Wanna hit a bar or two?

I'm really considering doing this... problem is, I'm sure hotels are BOOKED...

so, I'm wondering if a box of baby wipes for showering, and a sleeping bag for the bed of my truck would suffice...

the one friend i have that might go has to work on Satruday (he's a caddie at PGA National's Championship course), but he's considering...

I'm sure the city will be a rockin party...