What's up with the press?

DreamOnDan

Hey, I'm all for it. Every Bills site I get on has a different article about how Bledsoe will most likely be cut by his March 1st bonus date. Anybody know how much truh there is to these statements? The general consensous is that it is hard to believe that Losman can't at least perform to the level of Bledsoe over the last two years. I agree. I'm very curious to know everyones opinion on the matter. Also, what kind of money does that save us? Or hurt us?

Well the biggest problem with young QBs is inconsistency. Good one week crap the next. It seems to me that we already have that with Bledsoe. However, he COULD be worse. Bledsoe is an average QB, Losman MIGHT be terrible, we don't know yet. Working on the assumption that he doesn't completely Billy Joe Hobert blow I think it's a good move. However, we then MUST bring in a veteran backup in case he gets injured otherwise we are looking at the Chicago Bears of this season. Any names come to mind for a realatively cheap verteran QB who can come in and win a little? This is where the problem appears, there aren't many available, experienced, backups better than Bledsoe so we'd better be saving more than a little bit of money by getting rid of him.

Well the biggest problem with young QBs is inconsistency.  Good one week crap the next.  It seems to me that we already have that with Bledsoe.  However, he COULD be worse.  Bledsoe is an average QB, Losman MIGHT be terrible, we don't know yet.  Working on the assumption that he doesn't completely Billy Joe Hobert blow I think it's a good move.  However, we then MUST bring in a veteran backup in case he gets injured otherwise we are looking at the Chicago Bears of this season.  Any names come to mind for a realatively cheap verteran QB who can come in and win a little?  This is where the problem appears, there aren't many available, experienced, backups better than Bledsoe so we'd better be saving more than a little bit of money by getting rid of him.

217057[/snapback]

I believe he costs us about 6 million against the cap next year! Let's hope that Losman doesn't suck! :w00t:

Here's a quick list of available QBs...there are other but these were the one I thought fit the experienced, veteran, wont make controversy w/JP category.

Kordell Stewart-Baltimore (stop laughing)

Charlie Batch-Pittsburgh

Tony Banks-Houston

Gus (I'm gonna head butt a concrete wall) Frerotte-Minnesota

Jeff Blake-Philadelphia

Kelly Holcomb (may want to start, but seriously)-Cleveland

these guys are all upcoming UFAs, what other QBs may come free? Brunell, Gannon, Garcia?

Here's a quick list of available QBs...there are other but these were the one I thought fit the experienced, veteran, wont make controversy w/JP category.

Charlie Batch-Pittsburgh

Tony Banks-Houston

Jeff Blake-Philadelphia

these guys are all upcoming UFAs, what other QBs may come free?  Brunell, Gannon, Garcia?

217082[/snapback]

I do believe the Bills passed on these guys at least once each over the past two years.

Charlie Batch-Pittsburgh

Tony Banks-Houston

Jeff Blake-Philadelphia

these guys are all upcoming UFAs, what other QBs may come free?  Brunell, Gannon, Garcia?

217082[/snapback]

Tony Banks is still playing ball? I thought he died, Hey! what about Flutie?!? :w00t:

I do believe the Bills passed on these guys at least once each over the past two years.

217086[/snapback]

Many of them...but we're shopping in a different store right now, those are guys we talked about starting, and more than a few of us were all hot for Jeff Blake. We are looking for a backup who is as good as but cheaper than Bledsoe, because we are assuming JP will start, right?