Lisbon?

plenzmd1

So, on the plane to Barcelona, sittingi in CLT waiting to take off. Trying to figure out how to get Iberico ham home.

Any advice for cool bars and great restaurants in either Barcelona or Lisbon still welcome, as I am the AntiChef.

Wife and I had a fantastic meal last year at 100 Manerias. Great sampling of local food and a fun atmosphere. Riding Tram 28 was touristy, but a unique way to see the city. Was only there for 24 hours, but really liked the city.

Thx for the replies. Barcelona is great, at the W on the beach, like the Sundowner on that beach. Glad my 13 year old not here, he would not be able to get up.

Dude, have an awesome time!

pestana palace hotel for a meal since it sounds like you'll be in downtown lisbon. once again, a repurposed former royal palace. the grounds are pretyy spectacular and the one meal we had there was impressive. doubt you can legally bring home the ham but i'm not sure. some good port is worth bringing back and is a real bargain. also ceramic kitchenware if your wife is into that. i carried a hand painted cake dish all the way home once,...on second thought, forget about the ceramics. oh, and have fun!

Could not get the ham back home :thumbdown: However, we took your recommendation to go to Sintra and had a great time. Pain in da rear to get to top, but grab 4 beers for the walk down the trail..good time doing that

[quote name=texasjute' timestamp='140789732

4' post='3205807]

Wife and I had a fantastic meal last year at 100 Manerias. Great sampling of local food and a fun atmosphere. Riding Tram 28 was touristy, but a unique way to see the city. Was only there for 24 hours, but really liked the city.

we loved it as well. Tried to get in here with no luck, but he opened a bistro that was ala carte and was just great. Thank you for the suggestion

I was just in barcelona, and we ate at la boqueria on the advice of a local. It's a big market place with all kinds of food stalls. You can sit at a stall and eat, or just walk around and buy tastes, which is what we did. While it says it's open until 8pm, many of the stalls start wrapping things up earlier. Would be a great place for lunch.