150 Years Ago Today

Oh that's hysterical! 1,844 union troops killed and 83 rebels died. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh, my sides are splitting!

Bwahaahaha! All those dead! OMG, I can't stop laughing! I've got tears in my eyes. I've never read anything so absolutely funny. It's comedic genius I tell ya. Lincoln was such an azz for starting that war, but the casualty count - why that's pure gold in terms of entertainment and laughs.

Thanks for posting that. It truly lifted my spirits.

Oh that's hysterical! 1,844 union troops killed and 83 rebels died. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh, my sides are splitting!

Bwahaahaha! All those dead! OMG, I can't stop laughing! I've got tears in my eyes. I've never read anything so absolutely funny. It's comedic genius I tell ya. Lincoln was such an azz for starting that war, but the casualty count - why that's pure gold in terms of entertainment and laughs.

:w00t:

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...

The Battle of Fort Stevens was fought today and tomorrow outside of Washington DC. This battle had local significance as it featured the 49th New York Regiment which was raised in Buffalo and commanded by Daniel Bidwell who was actually the brigade commander and led the assault on Jubal Early's 2nd Corp. Bidwell avenue in Buffalo is named after him. His father had owned a ship building business down at the end of Scajaquada Creek. Abraham Lincoln himself witnessed the action from the parapet of the fort, the only time a sitting American president has witnessed combat. It was a desperate time for the Union, Grant was stuck outside of Petersburg, Sherman outside of Atlanta and the Republicans seemed destined to defeat in November to the Peace Democrats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_D._Bidwell

The Battle of Fort Stevens was fought today and tomorrow outside of Washington DC. This battle had local significance as it featured the 49th New York Regiment which was raised in Buffalo and commanded by Daniel Bidwell who was actually the brigade commander and led the assault on Jubal Early's 2nd Corp. Bidwell avenue in Buffalo is named after him. His father had owned a ship building business down at the end of Scajaquada Creek. Abraham Lincoln himself witnessed the action from the parapet of the fort, the only time a sitting American president has witnessed combat. It was a desperate time for the Union, Grant was stuck outside of Petersburg, Sherman outside of Atlanta and the Republicans seemed destined to defeat in November to the Peace Democrats.

http://en.wikipedia....niel_D._Bidwell

What difference, at this point, does it make?