Obama's Free Bus Rides

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see the benefits of endowing 120 million citizens of a third world country with a hideously low standard of living and institutionalized gang warfare with American citizenship.

Well it would probably make the US men's soccer team stronger, so that's something.

This would make great sense if you had made a point. Please, enlighten us all why having Mexico as part of the US is a good thing. We wait with bated breath.

Oh wait, stop the presses!!! You don't like being annoyed by question after question??

Now do you see how annoying that is?

That's my point. But on the Mexican thing the elimination of artificial government barriers between the nations hurts the economy, it's a chock on the free flow of labor which makes many things cost more, it's inefficient. Creating a bigger free trade zone, cleaning up their government, largely by legalizing drugs and killing the cartels would just be a win win.

Oh wait, stop the presses!!! You don't like being annoyed by question after question??

Now do you see how annoying that is?

That's my point. But on the Mexican thing the elimination of artificial government barriers between the nations hurts the economy, it's a chock on the free flow of labor which makes many things cost more, it's inefficient. Creating a bigger free trade zone, cleaning up their government, largely by legalizing drugs and killing the cartels would just be a win win.

I love questions. It's not annoying at all. What makes you think I thought our questions were annoying I was just clarifying which Mexicans you wanted me to include in your number you were searching for. Now question for you. Do you want this to be part of the US? Do you want us to be responsible for these things? I would love to hear your take on this.

Neza-Chalco-Itza: One of Mexico City's many barrios, Neza-Chalco-Itza is the largest slum in the world with roughly four million people. Slums in Mexico city began growing in the early 1900s when the railroad brought new industry -- as well as new industrial zones -- to the city.

Once again have you ever been to Mexico or Mexico City?

This would make great sense if you had made a point.

Right there you are admitting not having a point, like you never do, makes no sense. That's what I've been telling you forever and admitted it. You are busted, just admit it.

Right there you are admitting not having a point, like you never do, makes no sense. That's what I've been telling you forever and admitted it. You are busted, just admit it.

Yeah you got me big guy.

So the reason having Mexico as part of the US is a good thing so we can clean up their corrupt government and the cartels? You know you're right. That's a great idea! Right on gatordude!. :thumbsup:

This is like watching you have a stroke while you post.

And your question is...what is the Libertarian position on the illegals her in the US? Surely it isn't to have the government round them up and ship them out, is it?

My position is that the US should have an open border policy in regards to labor, as I believe in the right to travel, but a restricted policy in regards to citizenship, and the abolishment of birthright citizenship, as the franchise is not a right, but rather a privilege.

Anyone who wants to come to this country to work should be allowed to do so, assuming the abolishment of the minimum wage.

Citizenship, however, should require testing in math, scienece, US history and civics, and English proficiency; and shoul require either property or business ownership, or military service.

My position is that the US should have an open border policy in regards to labor, as I believe in the right to travel, but a restricted policy in regards to citizenship, and the abolishment of birthright citizenship, as the franchise is not a right, but rather a privilege.

Anyone who wants to come to this country to work should be allowed to do so, assuming the abolishment of the minimum wage.

Citizenship, however, should require testing in math, scienece, US history and civics, and English proficiency; and shoul require either property or business ownership, or military service.

So you're suggesting sticking with the status quo?

How do you plan to open the border to labor but not have them benefit from living here? Have buses at the border and send them back when the dinner shift at Denny's is over?

Edited by Chef Jim

Their children would still be citizens. And why would a libertarian have the government require them to learn English?? What is this, Nationalist Libertarianism?

I do like your right to work/hire aspect, though, just not abolishing minimum wage

This is like watching you have a stroke while you post.

Sorry, was laughing pretty hard while I typed. And you are an idiot

So you're suggesting sticking with the status quo?

How do you plan to open the border to labor but not have them benefit from living here? Have buses at the border and send them back when the dinner shift at Denny's is over?

You know my stance on federal offerings of services. Combine that with the end of birth right ciotizenship, and we're far from the status quo.

You know my stance on federal offerings of services. Combine that with the end of birth right ciotizenship, and we're far from the status quo.

How would you keep this imported labor force from getting federal services which they are not supposed to be getting now but do?

Their children would still be citizens.

No, they wouldn't. As I said prior, which you apparently didn't read, birth right citizenship should be abolished and replaced with meritorious citizenship.

And why would a libertarian have the government require them to learn English??

The requirement is only to earn the privilege of citizenship, not residence. The reason being that policies should be put in place to encourage economically beneficial immigration while incurring the least cost to taxpayers. One has a much higher chance of economic success if they speak the native language of their new country.

What is this, Nationalist Libertarianism?

Is it possible for you to post without writing something absurd?

I do like your right to work/hire aspect, though, just not abolishing minimum wage

Without an abolishment of minimum wage standards, and influx of labor does nothing but inflate the labor supply.

How would you keep this imported labor force from getting federal services which they are not supposed to be getting now but do?

By doing away with most of those services entirely.