2014 Midterms

For your viewing pleasure...Mary Landrieu completely schitts the bed today.

Remarkably, today Landrieu went on the offensive against her main challenger, Bill Cassidy, in the lead up to the LA run off.

Her claim: Where was Bill Cassidy when Katrina hit?

Landrieu then proceeded to ask, “When this hospital needed a champion to build and rebuild, literally out of the rubble of Katrina and Rita, where was Sen. Landrieu? Standing here and fighting. Where was Bill?”

She even tweeted, “When the New Orleans #VA hospital needed to be rebuilt out of the rubble of Katrina & Rita, #WhereWasBill?” with a link to a press coverage of her news conference.

The problem? Cassidy explains:

Mary Landrieu wants to know where I was during Hurricane Katrina? Setting up a surge hospital for refugees. #LASEN

Link to an old USA Today story.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From someone who knows a little bit about these things

Condi Rice: Democrats’ Racial Attacks “Appalling.”

Standing up to political racism:

GOP official goes off on NAACP for ignoring Mia Love and Tim Scott.

We know, of course that the NAACP is really just a bunch of Democratic Party shills, but it’s nice to point it out.

Today:

NBC Nightly News @NBCNightlyNews

BREAKING: President Obama has authorized the deployment of up to 1,500 additional U.S. military personnel to Iraq

I hear that Obama couldn’t send non-combat troops to Iraq last week because the conditions weren’t right in Colorado.

For your viewing pleasure...Mary Landrieu completely schitts the bed today.

Remarkably, today Landrieu went on the offensive against her main challenger, Bill Cassidy, in the lead up to the LA run off.

Her claim: Where was Bill Cassidy when Katrina hit?

The problem? Cassidy explains:

Link to an old USA Today story.

Politics aside, if your operation is so incompetent that it couldn't even google your opponent to find out where he was after Katrina before making the attack, I don't want you anywhere near the Senate. #suckitmaryyoustupidbitch

Edited by KD in CT

The Republican electorate is racially motivated

So is Putin a southern redneck racist? Because he seems to obstruct the Obama adminstrations foreign policy to the point where he counters Hilary's Reset Button with an Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Select Start F*ck You

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/ukraine-russian-tanks-roll_818396.html

Edited by /dev/null

I miss our intelligent liberals. It would be interesting to see an honest take on the Democratic Party's hammering from their point of view.

Instead, we get gatorman.

They've either run away, never to return to PPP, directly due to their intelligence = they could see the writing on the wall during the Obamacare debate and didn't want to hang around here and get lamb basted for it every day, OR, they hide out on the football board/shoutbox and take the occasional sniper shot. I drew them out however with the Bulldog/fracking thread. They're still here: they're just too cowardly to face the music for what they posted from 2005-2009.

Imagine what we'd do to them now that Obama is sending 1500 troops back into Iraq? The Obama Iraq Surge? That may be coming. :lol: The height of ironic hilarity. After all their bluster...their champion( :lol:) is now forced into doing exactly what they argued against? With the certitude that retreating from Iraq was the "smart" thing, and that we were all less than them in every way? What happens with the first soldier dies....retaking ground we retreated from?

That's why they've run. That's why they will only take shots from the shoutbox, or go after me in a funny thread about the Cheifs message board. For all their intelligence: they are despicable cowards.

Freaking Juror#8 disappeared again.

BigFatBills fan is still getting his her feet wet and probably a little scared still.

Nancy Pelosi is a toxic, aging, ineffective leader who is physically being held together by injections and duct tape and who, in the past two mid-terms, has delivered one of the most GOP-heavy congresses in years over years.

I pray they vote her leader again and again and again.

So do I.

I was making fun of her one time, and out of nowhere this PPP newb, told me all about her ability to raise $ and motivate the Ds in the House. :lol: I hope this delusion lasts, and I hope Ds keep putting "getting money" at the top of their priority list, rather than creating yet another web of lies and "things that have to be done immediately, which is why we need a Democratic House immediately". Remember that? "Immediacy", especially on energy policy, was the 2006 reason to vote D.....and we still don't have a coherent energy policy. They got in, and promptly blamed Bush for their lack of ability to do anything. Then Obama got elected....and they did stuff....stuff which has now gotten them un-elected.

They outspent Rs, in general, 3-1 in this election....and still got whipped. I pray every day that "Nancy Pelosi knows where the $ is" remains their "agenda".

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Julia Lost :Perhaps American women aspire to more than receiving political patronage.

By Kevin D. Williamson

A funny thing happened in the “war on women” — Mia Love and Joni Ernst won, Wendy Davis and Sandra Fluke lost. The representative who will be the youngest woman ever to have served in Congress, Elise Stefanik, is a Republican who won a formerly Democratic seat — not in Oklahoma or Texas but in New York. Senator-elect Ernst is a 21-year veteran of the Army Reserve and National Guard who served overseas during the Iraq war;

Representative-elect Love, a daughter of Haitian immigrants who came to the United States fleeing the Tonton Macoutes, is a former city councilman and mayor of Saratoga Springs, Utah.

The difference could not be more dramatic: The Democrats’ vision of an American woman’s life was best expressed in the Obama campaign’s insipid “Julia” cartoons, in which a faceless, featureless woman at every crossroads in her life turns to the federal government, as personified by Barack Obama, for succor and support. From negotiating a salary to managing her pregnancy, Julia cannot do anything for herself — at every turn, she is reminded that she enjoys political patronage “under President Obama,” in the campaign’s psychosexually fraught and insistently reiterated phrase. So much for the Democrats. And the Republican women of 2014? They helped fight wars and made new lives for themselves on foreign shores. They were women who ran for office on policy platforms, not on their uteruses.

more at the link:

pic_cartoon_110814_new_A.jpg?itok=4_Quw83f

This is why I dread a Hillary presidency. So is this.

Anyone who even remotely follows politics knows about Valerie Jarrett. She's a very close personal friend of Barry and Michelle who is essentially Barry's go-to confidant. When Barry needs someone to sing him "Poor, sweet baby," Valerie is his girl.

Following the single-most embarrassing mid-term beating in the history of my memory, the usual Obama foils (i.e. Politico, etc.) called for someone's head -- namely, Jarrett.

But that won't do, you see, because, well, Valerie is a woman, and asking for her to be fired makes you...you guessed it...sexist.

So if you think you're tired of being called a racist simply because you're level-headed enough to see how breathtakingly incompetent Obama is, just wait 'til Hillary's in charge.

Sexist. It's the new Racist.

Anyone who even remotely follows politics knows about Valerie Jarrett. She's a very close personal friend of Barry and Michelle who is essentially Barry's go-to confidant. When Barry needs someone to sing him "Poor, sweet baby," Valerie is his girl.

Following the single-most embarrassing mid-term beating in the history of my memory, the usual Obama foils (i.e. Politico, etc.) called for someone's head -- namely, Jarrett.

But that won't do, you see, because, well, Valerie is a woman, and asking for her to be fired makes you...you guessed it...sexist.

So if you think you're tired of being called a racist simply because you're level-headed enough to see how breathtakingly incompetent Obama is, just wait 'til Hillary's in charge.

The Dems are starting to eat themselves.

Everyone gets a trophy!

Oops, there goes another rubber tree plant...

It's buried at CNN, but hey...I'm sure somewhere Ted Stevens is smiling a bit.

Washington (CNN) -- Republican Dan Sullivan has defeated incumbent Sen. Mark Begich in Alaska, CNN projects Wednesday.

"Today, we are going to begin the process of turning our country around and building a brighter future for our children," Sullivan said in a statement.

An updated vote tally from the Alaska Division of Elections has Sullivan leading Begich, 48.6% to 45.4%, as of Wednesday morning.

Republicans will now have at least 53 seats in the U.S. Senate next year, with one final race to be decided in Louisiana in a Dec. 6 run-off.

Tolerant left goes after Mia Love because a black woman getting elected to a Republican house will not "benefit the black community as a whole."

Race merchants are truly pathetic. She looks black? Really? Way to stay true to your racist ways, Huffington Post.

Story here.

Mia and others like her are seemingly out of touch with the political realities of African Americans and what remains at stake for them. It would be a mistake to assume that all black people are monolithic and share the same political inclinations -- the Pew Research Center estimates some 3 million self-identified black Americans are registered Republicans -- but there has yet to be a groundswell of support for the right-wing ideology among the vast majority of black voters. Thus, for most African Americans, it appears counterintuitive that someone black, female and Mormon could possibly endorse the GOP given its history of anti-Black, anti-feminist and anti-Mormon sentiment. Whether this is due to her LDS faith and the apparent Stockholm syndrome of black Mormons (in the past, the LDS church perpetuated racist folklore to justify the marginalization of black people) or due to her racial consciousness, this may not be so preposterous when we recognize that American politics is a deeply partisan and fractured system, in the business of servicing big corporations, wherein Americans are duped into voting their values even when they contradict their success as a social group. Black Americans are the only racial group that votes in a bloc and, arguably, the only group to vote their political interests. But Mia Love, viewing herself and others through the prism of individualism, strays from the political stances that would benefit the black community as a whole, which is why a political figure like her is so compelling.