2014 Midterms

I Believe This 1970’s Cartoon Explains Obama’s Position on the Midterms

Our completely tone deaf president has now affirmed that he learned absolutely nothing or just doesn’t care that his party was completely destroyed in Tuesday’s midterm elections.

Mary Katharine Ham of Hot Air sums it up…

The man who would not pivot

President Obama took to the podium today to inform the nation that he will change exactly nothing about how he does his job after a historic drubbing in the midterm elections. He will tout the same policies in the same ways, with
no
particular plan for how to get any of them passed, with
no
particular nevermind paid to how the politics have shifted tectonically beneath his feet, armed with nothing but his assertions of his rightness. Again.

I’m reminded of something very obscure.

A cartoon I saw on the 1970’s show for children known as The Electric Company.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You believe that was a Republican caller, who got through a tight caller vetting process, when finally on the air, used the word "!@#$" on air, was actually a real person?

Of course you don't.

But you'll parrot it because you're a liar.

Here is why people voted................

B1xdBJNCAAATY9t.png

Roll Call: Pelosi Seeks to Soothe Caucus in Post-Election Conference Call.

In a post-mortem conference call with colleagues on Thursday afternoon, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi repeated talking points from earlier this week to explain the grim outcome of the midterm elections.

She also, if indirectly, touted her ability to continue leading the caucus at a time when many members are privately discussing when there will be a change in senior leadership ranks.

“I know where the money is,” the California Democrat said, according to sources on the call. “I know where to get it.”

Dems outspent the GOP this time around, to little effect. And I thought money in politics was bad?

Dems outspent the GOP this time around, to little effect. And I thought money in politics was bad?

Nancy Pelosi is a toxic, aging, ineffective leader who is physically being held together by injections and duct tape and who, in the past two mid-terms, has delivered one of the most GOP-heavy congresses in years over years.

I pray they vote her leader again and again and again.

Did you miss the part Tuesday where the Republicans elected the first black Senator in the deep South in 150 years? And elected a black woman in white-bread Utah?

Be interesting to see how long that lasts or if Scott goes they way of Michael Steel, still doesn't take away from what is what. Of course you are someone that denies something so obvious as slavery being the cause of the civil war, so my cat would be open more new ideas sooner than you would

Be interesting to see how long that lasts or if Scott goes they way of Michael Steel, still doesn't take away from what is what. Of course you are someone that denies something so obvious as slavery being the cause of the civil war, so my cat would be open more new ideas sooner than you would

Take away from what is whaf? What exactly are you insinuating?

The Republican electorate is racially motivated

Why do you lefties insist on identifying people by the color of their skin all the time? You'd think after you were stopped from enslaving blacks you'd be more open to judging people on their character.

Alas, no.

Of course you are someone that denies something so obvious as slavery being the cause of the civil war, so my cat would be open more new ideas sooner than you would

Slavery not being the cause of the Civil War would be a new idea, you idiot. :lol:

If only Robert Byrd were here to set them straight.

Didn't his state go Republican this time?

Bravo. BTW is it only race or sexual preference, economic standing, and gender. I thought it was all those. Did I miss any?

I would say race is the primary factor, after all the GOP is a solid south party now

Again, opposition to the health care law can only be explained that way

Didn't his state go Republican this time?

I would say race is the primary factor, after all the GOP is a solid south party now

Again, opposition to the health care law can only be explained that way

That's true. Not wanting another bloated government agency telling us what to do has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Solid article today by Peggy Noonan, who is usually good for one or two a year. She sets the stage for just how brutal the mid-term turned out to be for the left, and then lays out the problem with Obama's antagonistic reaction.

And so the future may well be nonstop combat between the Hill and the White House. If the president does a big executive action, the Republican Congress will no longer think negotiations and deals are possible. They will over the coming years send him legislation that they can pass with the support of their majorities and moderate Democrats. If he vetoes, they will try to override.

The Republicans will be set up as the party passing bills that go in certain directions on certain issues, and those bills will no doubt be generally popular, or popular with the Republican base. If the bills are vetoed and can’t be overridden, Republicans will say they are frustrated by that willful loner—that obstructionist—in the White House.

That will probably set up the GOP pretty well for 2016. It will keep the party’s activists in a constant state of agitated alert.

Once again the president is doing his party no favors.

Why do you lefties insist on identifying people by the color of their skin all the time? You'd think after you were stopped from enslaving blacks you'd be more open to judging people on their character.

Alas, no.

Oh, the modern gatortard liberals would have shouted down MLK Jr. as an Uncle Tom just as quickly as they would have dismissed JFK as a 'neo-con'.