2014 Midterms

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is a bit of an exaggeration. There is a very good chance that the GOP could focus on returning to traditional conservative agendas that are also more contemporary on social platforms and do quite well. After all this country was promised and not given it would be very easy for the Republicans to say that they simply want to return to good old fashioned government where they give the people what they want, focus on state rights, focus on equality and more importantly the tagline often used - reform. Reforming the government to focus on the people kind of schtick.

If the GOP plays their cards right they'll have the Democrats playing from behind all the way up to the 2016 election. Especially if Obama tries to enact many of the policies that he has been focusing on. There is going to be very little partisanship and the public will view that as a result of Obama's unwillingness to cooperate. You watch.

Well, hopefully in 2016 a Republican wins POTUS, and Republicans win super majority in Senate, then things will get done. :)

Let's hope not. The only thing worse than a Republican supermajority is a Democrat supermajority. "Getting things done" in government is highly overrated.

Imagine a big corporation that has a bunch of egomaniacs running the show. Now imagine that corporation has direct control over you and you have no choice as to whether to do business with them, no say in their decisions, and the customer service motto is "go !@#$ yourself." Now imagine there's no one running interference when they think of new and creative ways to charge you more and give you less.

That's about the reality of a supermajority.

KD,

don't forget Mia Love (R-Utah 4) the first Republican African-American female representative elected.

mialove-e1345602640437.jpg

Would ya?

No doubt there was a strong negative force against Dems. Republicans have had a pro econimic growth, fiscally responsible and strong foreign polict agenda, but the media doesn't report it much so the NY Times pretends that such an agenda doesn't exist.

Now we'll see if the R's can govern responsibly, by the numbers and try to do what's best for America.

How embarrassing is it that your party sucks so hard that the opposition can win soundly with the platform "We're not those guys."

How embarrassing that you are so ignorant you don't realize most mid-terms go against the Presidents. So what?

You mean just like Obama has TWICE?

I guess when you win re-election that can happen...

Duh

Reading your posts is like looking at filthy underwear

I'm only quoting this in case you somehow realize just how ridiculous a post this is and go back and change it. what a pathetic waste of board space. can't you even make an effort at putting forth a salient point to accompany your childish trolling?

the democrats got their butts handed to them. try to be less like a 5th-grader and just take your lumps like a man.

Edited by Azalin

I'm only quoting this in case you somehow realize just how ridiculous a post this is and go back and change it. what a pathetic waste of board space. can't you even make an effort at putting forth a salient point to accompany your childish trolling?

the democrats got their butts handed to them. try to be less like a 5th-grader and just take your lumps like a man.

You answered it you dim wit :lol:

Just curious as to why you look at filthy underwear? Do you also look at clean underwear or is it the filthiness that attracts you?

So I don't have to smell it to see if its dirty

How embarrassing that you are so ignorant you don't realize most mid-terms go against the Presidents. So what?

I guess when you win re-election that can happen...

Duh

"Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life."

I think it's important to note that not only did the party of the sitting President take losses in his 6th year mid-term, which is normal; but they lost to the extent that the opposition party now holds the largest historical advantage ever in the House, which is not normal.

gatorman's attempts to obsfucate don't change this. The leftists who had held sway in the Democrat Party were repudiated in this election to historic degrees.

I think it's important to note that not only did the party of the sitting President take losses in his 6th year mid-term, which is normal; but they lost to the extent that the opposition party now holds the largest historical advantage ever in the House, which is not normal.

gatorman's attempts to obsfucate don't change this. The leftists who had held sway in the Democrat Party were repudiated in this election to historic degrees.

Gerrymandering? Yippido!

Wait, there's never been a house majority this big before? Huh?