2014 Midterms

Why would Eric Holder send anyone to watch the polls in California? Is he afraid someone is going to stop the illegals from re-electing Jerry Brown? :lol:

The thought that crossed my mind is to remind Democrats that big brother cares about them, that Obama/Holder & Co. are protecting their right to vote.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thought that crossed my mind is to remind Democrats that big brother cares about them, that Obama/Holder & Co. are protecting their right to vote.

From the article:

Presumably this is all part of the Democrats’ effort to keep alive the myth of voter suppression. That pretense seems to be a key element in their strategy to keep African-American voters in the fold, notwithstanding that the Democrats’ policies are devastating to black voters’ interests. And I guess it must work.

I usually don't read your articles and just skim the highlighted sections of your articles. No offense, I usually don't read most articles linked by many. It's tedious.

No offense taken sir,

they are there if you want another take, if not, no problem.

Certainly (in this case) you already reasoned the main point anyway.................... :thumbsup:

Wendy Davis, running for governor of Texas after her famous filibuster begging for late-term abortions, said this today:

“We know we are choosing not just between two dramatically different people but two dramatically different paths,” she said. “I don’t think it’s too dramatic to say that literally the future of our children depends on this race.”

Well said, Wendy. :lol:

Link.

Just their right? My guess is they're going door to door and sending them or driving the to the polls.

I am honestly waiting for mass transit systems to become free on election day or provide free shuttles on election day.

Public transit to take people to the polls. It sounds fair and reasonable, but it is entirely not.

Reminder: Local elections matter — Today’s Town Clerk is tomorrow’s Governor!

Dave Weigel is worried about what is happening at the state legislative level, as the media is focused on the U.S. Senate, A wave of GOP wins in the states could radically transform the country:

Remember the number: 69. That’s how many state legislative bodies Republicans are trying to win this year, out of 99, up from the 60 they control right now. (Nebraska has a unicameral legislature, composed entirely of senators, a bit like Rome but with fewer coups.) That would give them a “state legislature supermajority,” and allow them to push through the sort of policy reforms that will be quickly gummed up in a Washington that—let’s be honest—will spend six or seven months passing bills before everyone gets excited about 2016.

“We’re on offense this year,” says Jill Bader, a spokeswoman for the Republican Legislative Campaign Committee. “We’re confident in the path not just to a supermajority, but in a more diverse group of elected Republicans."

on the other hand......................

You know what defeats “flexibility?” Tar and feathers.

Two weeks after he lost his right to vote, former Charlotte mayor and convicted felon Patrick Cannon apparently cast a ballot.

That vote violated Cannon’s bond and could put him back before a judge, said Greg Forrest, chief of the U.S. Probation Office in Charlotte.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/11/04/5290451/convicted-felon-patrick-cannon.html#.VFloYWPsp5U'>http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/11/04/5290451/convicted-felon-patrick-cannon.html#.VFloYWPsp5U

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/11/04/5290451/convicted-felon-patrick-cannon.html#.VFloYWPsp5U

Media loves to talk about the GOP gender gap, but in these losing Senate races D’s are losing Men by 15+ points.

GOP Senator Tim Scott wins in South Carolina

IIRC this is the first time that a minority has held the position, or something like that.