2014 Midterms

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Mississippi would be better off with less federal money/jobs?

The government doesn't create jobs. The best it can hope to do is to promote stable and predictable economic conditions and support basic infrastructure that makes it easier for the private sector to create jobs.

Like Rebuilding after Katrina?

Rebuilding after Katrina didn't create a single job. It temporarily diverted resources (one might argue very necessarily) from other areas of the economy into the Gulf region in order to repair basic infrastructure.

Going forward I think that's a wise policy for all posters.

But if you'd all like...

I hereby grant license to all PPP posters to use "You're an idiot" under the following conditions:

1) It can only be posted in reply to gatorman.

2) The content of that post is strictly limited to that phrase (signatures excluded).

Example:

Hey, leave him be! If Chef doesn't want to ask me super generalized and entirely pointless questions, so be it!

You're an idiot.

Edited by DC Tom

Back to November 2014

2014: Wargaming The Senate.

“Would Harry Reid make an excellent Senate minority leader? ...................................Indeed he would.”

And as to Gatorman, I long ago decided, due to his demonstrated lack of intelligence, to only respond every three months. I was due to answer one of his reply's at the end of May, but ( not surprisingly ) nothing he wrote was remotely interesting enough.

and as to your plan to not respond to him, he does still respond to mine, I think more often because he knows that I won't answer him.

So, it doesn't really work

lol

Is it my fault my questions point out your incredible hyprocisy and you play dumb?

Your questions are stupid and pointless. I've said it before, if you have a point to make, make it. Don't just create an enigma covered in a riddle...

Tom, you are the idiot.

The government doesn't create jobs. The best it can hope to do is to promote stable and predictable economic conditions and support basic infrastructure that makes it easier for the private sector to create jobs.

Rebuilding after Katrina didn't create a single job. It temporarily diverted resources (one might argue very necessarily) from other areas of the economy into the Gulf region in order to repair basic infrastructure.

Oh, police officers, soldiers and doctors are not real jobs?

Going forward I think that's a wise policy for all posters.

You are mostly gladly added to the list. You are a complete douche bag. Worthless as a bag of ****

Oh, police officers, soldiers ... are not real jobs?

That's the part basic infrastructure I was refering to. And the government didn't create them. The government diverted capital from other areas of the economy to provide the resources for that infrastructure. The job was created by the private sector, where the resources to provide the job came from.

and doctors

What?

That's the part basic infrastructure I was refering to. And the government didn't create them. The government diverted capital from other areas of the economy to provide the resources for that infrastructure. The job was created by the private sector, where the resources to provide the job came from.

What?

But if the Federal government didn't shift resources--money it created-- to Mississippi, those jobs would not be in the state then, correct?

But if the Federal government didn't shift resources--money it created-- to Mississippi, those jobs would not be in the state then, correct?

How many of those people employed in Mississippi due to Katrina are still working in Mississippi or even working at all? Oh !@#$ a question.

How many of those people employed in Mississippi due to Katrina are still working in Mississippi or even working at all? Oh !@#$ a question.

You want an exact number? Seriously? I do not know. Does anyone have a number for Chef here?

:doh:

The government creates promisary notes that are representitive of something.

Our fiat money is backed by the future productive labor of the citizens of the United States. That's what the full faith and credit of the United States is. Without the productive labor as an assumed guarentee of value, those notes are nothing more than worthless paper.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

You want an exact number? Seriously? I do not know. Does anyone have a number for Chef here?

:doh:

So when you say this: But if the Federal government didn't shift resources--money it created-- to Mississippi, those jobs would not be in the state then, correct? you're talking out your ass again right?

So when you say this: But if the Federal government didn't shift resources--money it created-- to Mississippi, those jobs would not be in the state then, correct? you're talking out your ass again right?

You'll need to point out to him which orifice that is.

So Mississippi would be better off with less federal money/jobs? Like Rebuilding after Katrina?

Such a good little statist. How will Mississippi ever survive without all those federal dollars given to them? The feds should just take full control of MIssissippi, and then it will truly be a glorious state!

So you're not even sure if what you wrote is correct?

Gee. Big surprise.