2014 Midterms

TIG welding.

That's about it.

lol, I thought so! How stupid do you have to be to actually start a list about what a person, any person, does not know. Only Tom would think his list is small. Yes, I admit, there is a lot I don't know. Duh!

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

meanwhile back at the 2014 midterms thread...........................................................lol

Rich Baehr: Will Foreign Policy Be the Biggest Drag for Democrats This Year?

I dunno, there's a lot of competition for that slot.

Republican takeover of Senate appears more and more assured

Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

Edited by B-Man

http://www.gopusa.com/freshink/2014/08/18/democrats-have-a-white-vote-dilemma/?subscriber=1

"Gore, Kerry, Obama -- all three made me dislike not just their rivals but them as well," Mark, the worker with the turkey sandwich, said.

Obama lost white voters by the largest margin for a Democrat presidential candidate since Walter Mondale. But that 20-point loss to Mitt Romney didn't matter, because white male voters like Mark didn't show up for Romney, either.

So, do Democrats continue to write off the white male vote? Do they even need them in the future?

After all, the white vote, as a part of the whole electorate, has declined in every election since 1992; while still the dominant majority in the country, it has been turned away and turned off by today's Democratic Party, and has become the lost vote for the party of FDR.

White middle-class Christian men once were the backbone of the Democratic Party. They are your neighbors, they volunteer as firefighters, they serve as your kids' or grandkids' baseball coaches; they are the next largest plurality in the electorate behind women.

They are descendants of the Scots-Irish who forged this country in the 17th century, and of the European immigrant wave that landed in the early 20th century.

And they are caught between the politics of division.

In hindsight, Mark said, Mitt Romney lined up with everything he believes in: "But what he was proposing was drowned out by the image Obama gave of him being a rich guy out of touch and tone-deaf to the needs of the country.

"Turns out Obama was that guy, not Romney," he said, jumping off the back of the truck and heading back onto the farm field with his crew.