WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just read the police report and there was no mention of him leaving the scene.

It was widely reported he was charged with leaving the scene of property damage.

Sterange the police report doesn't say where they encountered Dareus, just that "he was taken back to the Town of Hamburg Police Department".

Really, this is getting old.

If you were in Marrone's shoes and had the CBA to deal with how would you have punished Dareus without "punishing the team?"

Whatever he does is the wrong thing with this crowd. They can't tell you how to solve a problem but they are great at pointing at them.

It's amazing how big these things get with twitter. Hasek once drove his car (hammered) through my grandmother's best friend's house. I have heard all kinds of crazy (and really, really, really weird) stories in regards to Hasek. I wonder what his career would have been like in the twitter era? The same goes for the "bickering Bills" but those were nowhere near as weird. Just thinking out loud....

It was widely reported he was charged with leaving the scene of property damage.

Sterange the police report doesn't say where they encountered Dareus, just that "he was taken back to the Town of Hamburg Police Department".

Yep it was reported that way last night, but he wasn't charged with that. Just reckless endangerment, reckless driving, and an illegal speed contest. From what is reported today.

Help him....what? Be even more of a knucklehead?

Good to see "No Nonsense Marrone" taking such a hard line with Dareus. It was bad enough they just hired a DC who had a reputation as a guy who got pushed around as a HC by his talented young D players.

I'm pretty sure if they fingered a witness, they themselves would face some sort of charges....

Anyway, your post is a riot. Like the fact that he is a football player woild "scare away" a witness from testifying. So is your theory that the racing charge will go away after police were called to the scene by witnesses...for two cars racing. Then of course, there is the skid marks and the car wrapped up on the tree... and the fact that he fled the scene.

Nothing to see here everyone. Nothing actually happened.

ANyone wonder why he fled the scene? Hmmm.....

Is there any reason why you have to continually be a jerk on this forum? Every one of your posts always has to snarkily point out how stupid you think the other person is. I don't want to get in a long flame war with you here, I just wish you would have a little more respect for the other people that post.

Regarding "scaring away" witnesses, I'm not talking about Marcell personally, I'm talking about the fact that this story now has high visibility due to the fact a public person is now involved. In this day and age, the witnesses MAY feel they wouldn't want anything to do with something that would put their name in the public sphere.

Again, even if they were able to identify (sorry I offended you with fingering talk) him on the stand, I still feel the charge of "street racing" may be difficult to prove. Skid marks may only prove he was speeding and possibly reckless, not the fact he was speeding. Like Fergy said, he'll get something but it will probably be watered down.

Ruh-roh...

Aaron Williams@ajwilliams23 33m

All I know is @news4buffalo needs to do more research before they write a story about @Fred22Jackson and I. Get your facts straight! #Gross

we will see - all we know right now is dareus got in an accident.... it sounds like while driving very fast with a teammate. hopefully if AW wasnt involved in anything similar he learns that as a public figure joking about things like that can come back and create awkward moments. we will see what the extent is but it seems like potentially a chance for a few guys to learn some lessons - whatever those lessons may end up being.

Honest question since I don't live in Orchard Park. Is traffic relatively light to non-existant around the Ralph during the off-season? If so, I can see the players looking at that area as the zone for racing, expecially if they believe that no one other than Bills employees are there at any given moment.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they all race through the parking lot and surrounding streets.

we will see - all we know right now is dareus got in an accident.... it sounds like while driving very fast with a teammate. hopefully if AW wasnt involved in anything similar he learns that as a public figure joking about things like that can come back and create awkward moments. we will see what the extent is but it seems like potentially a chance for a few guys to learn some lessons - whatever those lessons may end up being.

There was an Instagram post where Aaron Williams & Fred Jackson were talking about racing. Jerry Hughes actually commented that if it was in Texas he wanted in (or something like that). Aaron Williams since tweeted a part of the conversation and it was taking place at Texas Motor Speedway. My guess is that they ran with the story of them drag racing or something

There was an Instagram post where Aaron Williams & Fred Jackson were talking about racing. Jerry Hughes actually commented that if it was in Texas he wanted in (or something like that). Aaron Williams since tweeted a part of the conversation and it was taking place at Texas Motor Speedway. My guess is that they ran with the story of them drag racing or something

Which, if I'm not mistaken, would be completely legal.

Which, if I'm not mistaken, would be completely legal.

The instagram movie is linked in this thread. They are in the parking lot at OBD, most likely leaving practice, and peeling out. They very well could have been talking about a legal race in Texas, that's fine. However...

It's a long drive through that lot to the street, and most of those streets are pretty empty as it is. I could see how a little race could easily start and spill out onto the street. For anyone to think it has never happened before Friday would be naive.

But I do believe this is being blown out of proportion thanks to Dareus's other recent troubles.

Edited by DrDareustein

What could possibly be the advantage of keeping Dareus from participating in OTAs? Some alone time? More time to get in trouble?

Only thing I can think of is they figure he already has the football part down, and are sending him to some professional help for his decision making/mental part. Im sure they are not sending him off to just sit at home and do what he wants.

What could possibly be the advantage of keeping Dareus from participating in OTAs? Some alone time? More time to get in trouble?

Time to get his life and his manure together. If he doesn't, football won't mean a damn thing. He's clearly dealing with personal issues as evidenced by his reckless behavior. Football is definitely a secondary consideration at this juncture.