Republicans Are Crying....Again

It has nothing to do with the thread other than an obvious attempt to distract from the Obama administrations poor judgement

"But Bush"...........2nd grade level silliness from Joe the revisionist

Exposed the phony "what about the dead soldiers" partisan hypocrisy of posters like you and others. Its a huge deal when Obama does an exchange to free an american soldier (and if he ends up facing court martial so be it, Obamas not blocking that), but 1,000's killed by bush's (lies, gross incompetence, negligence...pick your poison), and not a peep for over a decade.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exposed the phony "what about the dead soldiers" partisan hypocrisy of posters like you and others. Its a huge deal when Obama does an exchange to free an american soldier (and if he ends up facing court martial so be it, Obamas not blocking that), but 1,000's killed by bush's (lies, gross incompetence, negligence...pick your poison), and not a peep for over a decade.

Bush isn't in power right now. Obama is. This is a joke right?

I'm new to PPP, but do some of you really argue like this? It's kinda sad.

I'm no fan of President Bush, and that's well documented here, but there have been two selperate presidential elections since he was in office. We don't live in the comparative.

Whatever Bush's transgressions, they don't excuse this President's lawlessness or incompetence.

Grow up.

Obama: "When the President does it, that means it is not illegal."

I mean... Nixon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejvyDn1TPr8

But Obama could say it — right? — about this:

The Obama administration’s failure to notify Congress of the release of five Guantanamo Bay detainees ahead of his exchanging them for American soldier Bowe Bergdahl is a direct violation of the law, according to CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin.

“I think he clearly broke the law,” Toobin said on Monday, adding that the president’s signing statement in which he called the law unconstitutional does not automatically make it so. “Certainly this is an example of a signing statement where the president is taking power for himself that the law didn’t give him — he’s explicitly contradicting it.”

Edited by B-Man

Stick around, and you'll get a bird's eye view into the mind of several segments of our population.

It's interesting when it's not maddening, hysterical, or depressing.

Which, of course, is to say that it's never interesting.

We have a few regulars that are like this but JTSP is not a regular, he is an attention whore, who likes to make outlandish statements. Just look at his avatar. He comes down here, shoots his mouth off, gets his ass kicked and then runs away. Eventually, because he forgets that this is a place he should stay away from he returns to again practice his assmudgeonry and gets his ass kicked and runs away. He then again forgets and...........................

Doesn't particularly matter to me either way. This guy could be the love child of Sgt. York and Audie Murhpy, with John Basilone as his godfather, and it wouldn't change my position one bit: telling the Taliban that we'll trade Gitmo detainees, five for one, for American POWs is a ridiculously short-sighted policy on multiple different levels.

It's going to start to matter to the administration, though, if it turns out that this guy really was a deserter. They can't stand to lose face.

As I said before in this thread---this has the potential to be a major scandal, and now, with most of the media reporting on it the schit hitting the fan is a distinct possibility. If, and it certainly looks like it, Bergdahl was a deserter why would they risk all the upcoming backlash by doing this?

Probably as much outrage as Google hiring practices.

Isn't it about time for you to pull your disappearing act, coward?

You seriously think Obama is going to order a court martial against the guy he just gave up 5 of the worst most hardcore Taliban for? Seriously?

This is nothing more than Obama administration being ever increasingly incompetent. This stinks to high hell of nothing more than a terribly planned poorly thought out diversion away from the VA, IRS and benghazi. But opps...he made an even bigger mess.

I guess this is what we get for electing a feel good story who was capable enough to vote "present" to the office of president of the United States of America.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

lol Obama's not even hiding that he's Muslim anymore

Got any links to this that are legitimate? In 2008 I wouldn't have had a problem with him being Muslim (other than he spent the prior 20 years going to a black christian church). Today, I do have a problem. Please post your links.

Got any links to this that are legitimate? In 2008 I wouldn't have had a problem with him being Muslim (other than he spent the prior 20 years going to a black christian church). Today, I do have a problem. Please post your links.

The only thing i know for sure...Obama is a lot of things, but a Christian is most definitely not one of them.

But Obama could say it — right? — about this:

The Obama administration’s failure to notify Congress of the release of five Guantanamo Bay detainees ahead of his exchanging them for American soldier Bowe Bergdahl is a direct violation of the law, according to CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin.

“I think he clearly broke the law,” Toobin said on Monday, adding that the president’s signing statement in which he called the law unconstitutional does not automatically make it so. “Certainly this is an example of a signing statement where the president is taking power for himself that the law didn’t give him — he’s explicitly contradicting it.”

I think the law is unconstitutional. And he unquestionably broke it.

you learn to ignore some of the more ridiculous posts, but yes, some posters here do indeed argue like this on a regular basis. on the other hand, there are a few people (some with obvious leanings to the left, the right, and some obviously non-partisan) who are pretty knowledgeable in relevant subjects like history, science, medicine, economics, political science, etc (I'm not going to name any names in order to avoid inflating egos further any than they already are) that you can learn a lot from....or at least learn enough to reconsider certain points of view you may have.

a good rule of thumb is to be prepared to back up any statements you make, provide links when you're able, and avoid parroting party line talking points. if you can ignore the idiocy, there's some pretty interesting conversation going on.

then again if someone's being a complete tool, feel free to unload on them.

Edited by Azalin

you learn to ignore some of the more ridiculous posts, but yes, some posters here do indeed argue like this on a regular basis. on the other hand, there are a few people (some with obvious leanings to the left, the right, and some obviously non-partisan) who are pretty knowledgeable in relevant subjects like history, science, medicine, economics, political science, etc (I'm not going to name any names in order to avoid inflating egos further any than they already are) that you can learn a lot from....or at least learn enough to reconsider certain points of view you may have.

It's okay. I know you're talking about me.

It's okay. I know you're talking about me.

egos: I rest my case.

But to be fair, everyone is always talking about you. We serve at your mercy after all.

now you're just adding fuel....

For both A) & B) nobody cares its not even a top news story any more . only in the minds of right wing neocon kook balls does is matter, and fortunately they're a dwindling set

Hey...for something that is no longer a top news story any more, this sure is a top news story again today.

Edited by LABillzFan