[closed]Forcing Son To Walk Home From School Puts Dad On Probation

You've got to be kidding me!

http://news.yahoo.co...-180209763.html

A Hawaii man has been sentenced to a year of probation after making his son walk a mile home from school.

Robert Demond was convicted of a misdemeanor charge of second-degree endangering the welfare of a minor.

Demond explained that his son had been involved in some sort of rule-breaking at school. When Demond picked him up, he asked about it, but his son refused to respond. Demond then stopped the car and told his son to walk to rest of the way home to think about what he had done, reports the Garden Island.

The judge, Kathleen Watanabe, ruled that the punishment was old-fashioned and inappropriate. She said that it is dangerous for children to walk alongside the road due to potential pedophiles. It was a form of punishment no longer supported by the community.

Demond was sentenced to a $200 fine and a year of probation. His son’s age was never revealed in court documents.

Think about the bolded part.

Edited by 3rdnlng

You've got to be kidding me!

http://news.yahoo.co...-180209763.html

A Hawaii man has been sentenced to a year of probation after making his son walk a mile home from school.

Robert Demond was convicted of a misdemeanor charge of second-degree endangering the welfare of a minor.

Demond explained that his son had been involved in some sort of rule-breaking at school. When Demond picked him up, he asked about it, but his son refused to respond. Demond then stopped the car and told his son to walk to rest of the way home to think about what he had done, reports the Garden Island.

The judge, Kathleen Watanabe, ruled that the punishment was old-fashioned and inappropriate. She said that it is dangerous for children to walk alongside the road due to potential pedophiles. It was a form of punishment no longer supported by the community.

Demond was sentenced to a $200 fine and a year of probation. His son’s age was never revealed in court documents.

Think about the bolded part.

The liberalization of America continues. Government knows best.

The liberalization of America continues. Government knows best.

Let's see:

(1) The kid was 8.

(2) The dad drove away.

(3) The kid WAS picked up by a stranger driving on the road.

This sounds like a story with a good outcome?

Kick your teen out of the car? OK.

Kick your 8 year old out of the car and drive away while he's bawling, then return to find him gone? What kind of parent is this? I am sure the dad prefers his 1 year probation to the many worse things that could have happened. He should STFU and be happy.

Edited by John Adams

Let's see:

(1) The kid was 8.

(2) The dad drove away.

(3) The kid WAS picked up by a stranger driving on the road.

This sounds like a story with a good outcome?

Kick your teen out of the car? OK.

Kick your 8 year old out of the car and drive away while he's bawling, then return to find him gone? What kind of parent is this? I am sure the dad prefers his 1 year probation to the many worse things that could have happened. He should STFU and be happy.

Do you have a link to anything in you post above?

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/168136-holy-chitesi-should-be-in-jail-for-my-parenting-skills/