Send Her Back Wherever She Came From

Many New Mexicans hate Texas, particularly in the political realm...I think that was the joke he was trying to make... Susanna Martinez is from El Paso, TX originally. Send her back where she is "really from". I can't believe this warranted a thread, let alone an article on the Standard website.

Edited by Buftex

Many New Mexicans hate Texas, particularly in the political realm...I think that was the joke he was trying to make... Susanna Martinez is from El Paso, TX originally. Send her back where she is "really from". I can't believe this warranted a thread, let alone an article on the Standard website.

What if this were a white male Republican who made the same comment about an Hispanic female Democrat?

What's wrong with somebody originally from another state being elected to statewide office? Should being from New York state prohibit somebody from being elected Governor of Virginia? Should being from Illinois originally prohibit somebody from being elected Senator from New York?

What if this were a white male Republican who made the same comment about an Hispanic female Democrat?

What's wrong with somebody originally from another state being elected to statewide office? Should being from New York state prohibit somebody from being elected Governor of Virginia? Should being from Illinois originally prohibit somebody from being elected Senator from New York?

Nothing wrong with that...but you are clearly trying to make this into an issue that isn't there (or maybe the Standard is, and you are falling for it)...you know, the straw-man thing that right wingers always accuse left-wingers of doing? If you actually watch the video imbedded in the article, they cut it off before he even finishes his commnet...clearly creative editing to cause a controversy.

I agree with your larger point, that we have become way too politically correct in a lot of instances, but you can't fight that by making up **** to get inflamed over...there are plenty of politicians on both sides of the aisle, saying truly stupid things, all the time... this was clearly a swipe at Texas, not at woman or hispanics. One wold have to be a complete moron (maybe he is) to take swipes at those two groups, running for governor of New Mexico.

Edited by Buftex