So SU did a study on if the Carrier Dome roof were to fail

Just Jack

But the most interesting fact I thought from the article was this.....

Men's basketball has more than 24,000 season ticket holders. No existing NBA stadium in the nation has the capacity to seat that many spectators.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/05/syracuse_university_chancellor_spells_out_carrier_domes_economic_issues.html#incart_river_default

But the most interesting fact I thought from the article was this.....

Men's basketball has more than 24,000 season ticket holders. No existing NBA stadium in the nation has the capacity to seat that many spectators.

http://www.syracuse....t_river_default

the Carrier dome holds almost 36k for Syracuse. That's a lot.

But what's always struck me as odd is the Greensboro Collisium. The 4th largest arena in the country and the only team to play there is UNCGreensboro. For all of the ACC schools, none have a larger venue - thus the ACC is always in Greensboro.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_basketball_arenas_by_capacity

But what's always struck me as odd is the Greensboro Collisium. The 4th largest arena in the country and the only team to play there is UNCGreensboro. For all of the ACC schools, none have a larger venue - thus the ACC is always in Greensboro.

The ACC tourney will be held in NYC soon enough. For the life of me I can't understand why the ACC has yet to move their conference tourney to Time Warner Arena in Charlotte. Greensboro is just such a schitt-hole of a city. Nothing to do there and it smells like pork rind farts.

the Carrier dome holds almost 36k for Syracuse. That's a lot.

Before the game last season against Duke there was talk of them considering moving the court to the center of the Dome. (For those that have never been there, in it's normal configuration, it's in one of the end zones of the football field) If they had moved it, they figured they could easily sell about 50,000 tickets. Moving season ticket holders and wiring for the scoreboard, PA system, TV/radio is what kept them from making the change.

my parents are season ticket holders in 123, the roll out stands in front of the curtain, they would not have been happy if they re-configured the seating, I am glad the University did the right thing.

Before the game last season against Duke there was talk of them considering moving the court to the center of the Dome. (For those that have never been there, in it's normal configuration, it's in one of the end zones of the football field) If they had moved it, they figured they could easily sell about 50,000 tickets. Moving season ticket holders and wiring for the scoreboard, PA system, TV/radio is what kept them from making the change.

The ACC tourney will be held in NYC soon enough. For the life of me I can't understand why the ACC has yet to move their conference tourney to Time Warner Arena in Charlotte. Greensboro is just such a schitt-hole of a city. Nothing to do there and it smells like pork rind farts.

The arena is much, much larger.