Madden was first choice for towel scene

millbank

ABC's first choice for the infamous Monday Night Football dropped towel episode wasn't Terrell Owens -- it was announcer John Madden.

For reasons that are unclear, Madden couldn't find the time to perform for the skit. Owens, the Philadelphia Eagles receiver, filled in for him in the steamy sketch that drew viewer protests and a network apology, said ABC entertainment president Stephen McPherson on Sunday.

- Madden likely would rather have done it with one of his favourte Quarterbacks

Towel Scene

For reasons that are unclear, Madden couldn't find the time to perform for the skit.

216784[/snapback]

he was too busy eating/coating himself with greasy food and masterbating with his gold telestrater pen and screaming tom brady's name over and over again...

He would've been forced to learn lines! We all know how that would've went. "Well the towel being dropped was not the fault of the manufacturer but rather the hand letting go of the towel causing it to drop to the floor, leaving the lady naked not because she didn't have clothes on but becuase the towel was dropped." :w00t::blink:

I can hear Madden talking to Nicolette Sheridan in that scene.

Nicolette: Oh, Johnny...why do you have to go? Why don't you stay here with me. (Drops towel.)

Madden: Now, what happens here is I have to leave this locker room, find my way up to the broadcast booth and get ready for a big game, and then..and then...Boom...I'm in the booth and making the calls and all of that kind of stuff. So once again...leave locker room, get to booth, make calls...and that's how that happens, when I leave the locker room, get to the booth and then make the calls.

I can hear Madden talking to Nicolette Sheridan in that scene.

Nicolette: Oh, Johnny...why do you have to go? Why don't you stay here with me. (Drops towel.)

Madden: Now, what happens here is I have to leave this locker room, find my way up to the broadcast booth and get ready for a big game, and then..and then...Boom...I'm in the booth and making the calls and all of that kind of stuff. So once again...leave locker room, get to booth, make calls...and that's how that happens, when I leave the locker room, get to the booth and then make the calls.

217431[/snapback]

I wouldn't mind seeing TheMadCap in the towel scene.  :(

Ya little cutie.

217489[/snapback]

:lol:

Thanks, but I don't think the world is ready to see my skinny, piper-cleaner man-like body buck nekkid just yet....