Rochesterian Malcolm Glazer, RIP, 85 years old.

boyst

Malcom Glazer, owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers football team and Manchester United not football team. He just turned 85.

Link

Born in Rochester, New York as one of seven children, Glazer took over the family watch-parts business at age 15 following the death of his father and then continued his foray into the professional world, investing in other businesses. Glazer owned or was a substantial shareholder of a diverse portfolio of international holdings and public companies, including: First Allied, Zapata Corporation, Houlihan’s Restaurant Chain, Harley Davidson, Formica, Tonka, Specialty Equipment and Omega Protein.

]Mr. Glazer’s long established estate succession plan has assured the Buccaneers will remain with the Glazer family for generations to come. Linda Glazer, along with their five sons and daughter, will continue to own and operate the team as they have throughout the family’s ownership.[/b]

#RIP

Edited by jboyst62

Man, the Bills get hosed in every way imaginable. Now we're not even the only team playing for their fallen founder. Ralph gets overshadowed even in death.

The sport is rigged! Rigged I tell you!

Well, Ford died this year and I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that Bud Adams died at the end of the season.

...of the four deaths we are the only up for grabs franchise.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Well, Ford died this year and I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that Bud Adams died at the end of the season.

...of the four deaths we are the only up for grabs franchise.

That's because none of Ralph's heirs want the team.

That's because none of Ralph's heirs want the team.

Yeah, I know. We've all known that for years. If they did I guarantee Ralph would have had a succession plan. It is just disappointing that it didn't workout that way...ya know, that Linda Bogden didn't pre-decease her father, or that he didn't have a couple more children who might have had an interest in in keeping the team. Hell, with Adams it looks like they have multi generations running the team.

I just wish that would have been our situation.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Yeah, I know. We've all known that for years. If they did I guarantee Ralph would have had a succession plan. It is just disappointing that it didn't workout that way...ya know, that Linda Bogden didn't pre-decease her father, or that he didn't have a couple more children who might have had an interest in in keeping the team. Hell, with Adams it looks like they have multi generations running the team.

I just wish that would have been our situation.

Yep, like what will happen with Pegula and the Sabres.

BTW, former New York Giants owner Wellington Mara was also born in Rochester.

Yep, like what will happen with Pegula and the Sabres.

BTW, former New York Giants owner Wellington Mara was also born in Rochester.

Yes, very true. I am appreciative of the situation with Pegula. Btw, it is a minor fantasy of mine that the new Bills owner isn't just billionaire, but a serious billionaire (7 plus billion)...that would be nice weight to throw around during owners meetings when/if the Bills and Buffalo get picked on.

...wow about Mara. I did not know that, as well.