Kiko and Mario had Offseason Surgery

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is what I like most about Kiko! Just to make it fair for the rest of the league, he goes and intentionally completely tears his labrum, cuts it out in the offseason then replaces it with Gorilla tape. Cant wait to see his presser about it!

How much longer can this thread go on before someone references the Rusty Jones firing.

does it count that you just mentioned it?

I think you would be surprised to discover that many players have offseason surgical procedures. Most not very serious. Almost preventative in nature...preventing further injury.

this sounds about right. bunch of guys having "minor procedures" to get things "cleaned up".

He had labrum surgery, not labia surgery.

so you fellas know each other ?

LOL

That is what I like most about Kiko! Just to make it fair for the rest of the league, he goes and intentionally completely tears his labrum, cuts it out in the offseason then replaces it with Gorilla tape. Cant wait to see his presser about it!

Why ? he wont say anything beyond that he is glad to play football because its kinda fun

: )

I think a lot of this stuff is just "routine" or "preventative" maintenance. If any of these procedures were real serious, we'd probably have heard some rumblings. I'm all for giving guys like Mario, KW, Freddy, CJ, etc. limited reps all through camp and preseason. These guys know how to play, save em for the regular season.

I think a lot of this stuff is just "routine" or "preventative" maintenance. If any of these procedures were real serious, we'd probably have heard some rumblings. I'm all for giving guys like Mario, KW, Freddy, CJ, etc. limited reps all through camp and preseason. These guys know how to play, save em for the regular season.

Look at last year - Byrd and levitre having semi serious and relatively quiet injuries all season as examples.

It's a brutal sport. We don't hear about large portions of the behind the scenes. Even the healthy guys have atleast a little bit of duct tape holding them together by the end of the year

Good for all these surgeries. Nothing more frustrating than having some key player put off surgery hoping it will heal, then by August realizes rest didnt cure the problem and he gets the surgery and misses half the season.

I think is fairly common for all teams -- they are maintenance surgeries in most cases -- things that can be put off until offseason -- if it's significant stuff, they are on IR in season --

I agree . as long as they are with the team to help mentor , absorb and of course get the comraderie rolling . as mentoined , save em for the season . dont want to pull a Zach Martin/ Sean Lee :thumbdown:

This Lawson and Branch is a bit different because the Coach said he has not spoken to them.

We've had much intercourse discussion down in PPP.

Gald to hear of your intimate discourse ( ? ) lol