Muslim woman stoned to death by her family in court for marrying

I was at the India-Pakistan Waggah border recently. They do a daily ceremony on both sides. India's is a chaotic (shocking I know) mass of humanity all intermixing and having a mini-Woodstock.

Pakistan's side is not so much. The men and women sit apart. They cheer and sing but it's 1984ish.

Topic title's wrong: the woman was stoned OUTSIDE of the courthouse. The court itself had nothing to do with this, other than proximity.

Just think of SecSt John Kerry trying to have an impact on nations in the context of that culture.... The USA must be the most arrogant country since the British built their Empire.

Pakistan doesn't have a culture. It has about twenty different cultures. Imagine Kerry trying to have an impact in THAT context.

(I'd lay long odds that the family wasn't from anywhere near Lahore. Probably NWFP.)

Just think of SecSt John Kerry trying to have an impact on nations in the context of that culture.... The USA must be the most arrogant country since the British built their Empire.

And John Kerry said "harumph"!

Homsexulaity in Saudi?- punichable by death in the square

Drug Use in Saudi?- punishable by death in the square

Alcohol Use in Saudi?- punichable by death in the open square

United States isn't so bad afterall.