Bills need DE - Graham/Jordan could fill the need.

I totally agree. We definitely don't need a stud DE as I stated in the 2nd paragraph. I just would feel a lot better with one more vet in the rotation. Asking Hughes to play a lot of 1st and 2nd downs might be too much for him; I also want to save him for 3rd downs for his pass rushing.

I just think acquiring another vet would be a very smart move. Someone like Brandon Graham or Derrick Morgan; guys in the Jerry Hughes mold- former 1st round picks that haven't lived up to their draft billing but a change of scenery could really spark them. I wouldn't want to spend more then a 5th round pick and ideally no picks at all; try and work out a player for player swap.

I'm just afraid that if Mario Williams were to go down, we would be awfully thin at DE. That would leave Jerry Hughes and Manny Lawson as our full time starters- both of whom already have question marks whether or not they will be able to hold their own on run downs.

I understand the concern and I agree.....I think the bills have come a long way creating quality depth at most positions.....most

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan's a bust, and Graham is often injured. Pass.

Whaley did not get a DE nor a TE. In the draft as there was not one at the right value. People would be just as mad if we picked up a bust.

It's not Madden so we improved as much as possible with the picks we had available and through the draft. I'm sure we'll keep searching for UDFA, but that's it.

I agree that we don't have a certain 4th DE. However, I think we probably have someone like that on the team,

1) If it turns out that Marrone wasn't lying back when he hired Schwartz and said that it would be the same defense, and it is for the the most part the same, we have Branch to act as the heavy 5, which worked pretty well.

2) When we first took on Schwartz, a lot of people started screaming about how we were going to fail using the Wide 9 because our run game was so bad. Of course, it usually is used situationally, but our FA acquisitions were for the best run stuffing MLB in the league and for a SLB (Rivers) who has a reputation for being a thumper. These guys would mitigate the risk of having Hughes line up wider at the 9 technique, while Mario is talented enough to beat most LOT's playing the 5 technique.

3) We use Hughes, Lawson and Wynn in rotation.

There is no one perfect solution, but considering the strength of the D-line, we really need a workable one.

Edited by Whitewalker Merriman

I agree that we don't have a certain 4th DE. However, I think we probably have someone like that on the team,

1) If it turns out that Marrone wasn't lying back when he hired Schwartz and said that it would be the same defense, and it is for the the most part the same, we have Branch to act as the heavy 5, which worked pretty well.

2) When we first took on Schwartz, a lot of people started screaming about how we were going to fail using the Wide 9 because our run game was so bad. Of course, it usually is used situationally, but our FA acquisitions were for the best run stuffing MLB in the league and for a SLB (Rivers) who has a reputation for being a thumper. These guys would mitigate the risk of having Hughes line up wider at the 9 technique, while Mario is talented enough to beat most LOT's playing the 5 technique.

3) We use Hughes, Lawson and Wynn in rotation.

There is no one perfect solution, but considering the strength of the D-line, we really need a workable one.

I think this is pretty close to deal. Excepting depth. Have no idea what Wynn provides . But cant see Bills trading a pick . Maybe just waiting for something to drop their way.

By the way i enjoyed the witty banter fellas. LOL this morning !