Bills need DE - Graham/Jordan could fill the need.

This is going to be Spiller's year. At age 33, Fred will take a back seat.

Spiller is in his contract year and he's going to be looking to prove that he's worth the big money.

It's going to be the Watkins/Spiller show fellllllaaaaas!!

BTW, there's a new DC in town in case you've been sleeping under a bucket of wings. He doesn't coach the 4-3 the same way that his predecessor did.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WE DONT KNOW YET....until we actually see them on the field we are not going to know......its that simple get it through your thick friggen head

My thick friggen head....right...it's actually quite fluffy up there

If you wanna ignore our DCs past philosophy completely that's your choice. But that's a thick friggen headed mentality to take

Actually fluffy is more accurate.....i apologize

I choose to wait to see what he actually does......

Which is fair but for the next few months should we expect you to post "wait and see" in every thread?

As fluffhead said a 4-3 DE can be a bit lighter that a 3-4 DE. Think Aaron Schoebel not Manny Lawson though. 265-275 is really starting to get very small at DE. Branch and even Dareus can move out to DE in some odd 3 man or 4 man fronts. Barring a trade or a veteran training camp salary dump pick-up DE is going to be a giant hole all year.

And yes Jordan is Maybin 2.0. I posted it before the draft and stand by it now.

Respectfully disagree with your concept of a 4 man front. A right end should be like Kyle Moore sized 6'5" 265-270 tops. Mario is Left End sized. Dareus and Branch wont give you any more than a run stopper. And Dareus is a penetrating guy. Neither of them would be ideal in an attacking 43. A 34 end Branch works and Dareus still would give you little. He is gonna make his money at DT thats about all you will get from him.

Have another chicken wing John......and don't talk with your friggen mouth full!! Do you actually watch football or do you just have you lil sis explain it to you??

Have you seen the type of 4-3 defense that Schwartz ran in Detroit the last three years?? Let me help you out. It was nothing like the 4-3 defense that Pettine ran last year. Pettine is a blitzing maniac. Schwartz.....not so much.

And before you say, "Well, that was with Detroit".......and then wipe your saucy fingers on your nice checkered-pattern white sweater-vest, just keep in mind that Schwartz is going to run what he's been successful with in the NFL, not what somebody has been successful with.

Which is fair but for the next few months should we expect you to post "wait and see" in every thread?

No I very seldom do it

Have another chicken wing John......and don't talk with your friggen mouth full!! Do you actually watch football or do you just have you lil sis explain it to you??

Have you seen the type of 4-3 defense that Schwartz ran in Detroit the last three years?? Let me help you out. It was nothing like the 4-3 defense that Pettine ran last year. Pettine is a blitzing maniac. Schwartz.....not so much.

And before you say, "Well, that was with Detroit".......and then wipe your saucy fingers on your nice checkered-pattern white sweater-vest, just keep in mind that Schwartz is going to run what he's been successful with in the NFL, not what somebody has been successful with.

You couldnt help your way out of a paper bag much less try to teach ME something about football

On this topic you clearly take a slap to the face....and like it!! Several of the other posters have rightly taken you to task on this issue.

If you profess to be so knowledgeable then post like it.

Me: 1; You: 0.

Don't look now, but your smug a$$ already has some catching up to do. :}

Just did.

Boom

Several of our posters?

How many is several to you?

Your moms calling your hot pocket is ready

You will probably NEVER be able to take me to task on any issue football related.....is that simple

Jordan is not as highly regarded under the new Miami GM. I think he could be had for a R3 pick. Miami may consider trading for a player as well much like when Buffalo traded Sheppard for Hughes. Miami needs help on the O-line and I expect the Bills to have some very good expendable players at that position.

Graham is more likely to be picked up by the suddenly trade-happy Whaley. He would be a nice bargain for a R4 pick.

We traded our 4th rounder next year in the Watkins trade. We get a 4th rounder back for Stevie. I believe it could be a 3rd and if it is it defaults to a 4th the following year to SF. So, very, very little chance we have a 4th this year unless Stevie sucks.

When you two get done jerking each other off.....you see see that 2 actually means a couple of posters.....not several

Keep resorting to personal insults there Johnny. All I did in this thread was point out my opinion of how Schwartz's 43 is different than Pettine's.

DE seems like the last significant hole left on this roster after a pretty damn good draft by Whaley. I wouldn't rule out a Kelvin Sheppard for Jerry Hughes type trade to help fill that role or cherry picking a vet that falls victim to the June 1st cuts.

We don't need a stud DE or anything. I think they very much like Hughes as their RE on passing downs after his breakout year last season. Hughes is listed at 6'2" / 254 lb which definitely isn't small for a 43 DE, especially when you have a 292 lb Mario Williams manning the other DE spot. He will be a mainstay on 3rd downs and other passing situations.

Then you have Manny Lawson who was confirmed to be moving to DE. He has a very nice frame at 6'5" but is only 240 lbs. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they ask him to bulk up to at least 250 for the DE rotation. He has experience at DE from his college days when he was lined up with Mario Williams at NC State.

Neither of those 2 are considered tiny; Schobel played for years a 43 DE at no more then 250 lbs.

I still think they need another vet in the rotation for early downs and injury insurance. If Mario Williams were to go down, then they would have a pretty serious situation depth wise. Brandon Graham is an interesting name. I'm not sure what the Eagles would want for him but if they can get him for a 5th or 6th, I'd try and do that or maybe swap a player.

DE seems like the last significant hole left on this roster after a pretty damn good draft by Whaley. I wouldn't rule out a Kelvin Sheppard for Jerry Hughes type trade to help fill that role or cherry picking a vet that falls victim to the June 1st cuts.

We don't need a stud DE or anything. I think they very much like Hughes as their RE on passing downs after his breakout year last season. Hughes is listed at 6'2" / 254 lb which definitely isn't small for a 43 DE, especially when you have a 292 lb Mario Williams manning the other DE spot. He will be a mainstay on 3rd downs and other passing situations.

Then you have Manny Lawson who was confirmed to be moving to DE. He has a very nice frame at 6'5" but is only 240 lbs. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they ask him to bulk up to at least 250 for the DE rotation. He has experience at DE from his college days when he was lined up with Mario Williams at NC State.

Neither of those 2 are considered tiny; Schobel played for years a 43 DE at no more then 250 lbs.

I still think they need another vet in the rotation for early downs and injury insurance. If Mario Williams were to go down, then they would have a pretty serious situation depth wise. Brandon Graham is an interesting name. I'm not sure what the Eagles would want for him but if they can get him for a 5th or 6th, I'd try and do that or maybe swap a player.

The thing is we already have a stude DE in Mario Williams.....its tough to have both sides manned up with pro bowl players....the teams that are doing that usuallly have an aging veteran known guy and a young guy they drafted....Mario is in his prime.

We still have roster cuts to go through so we might not be done yet

And Aaron Schrobel is listed at 243 pounds......so its not like he was this big huge DE either

The thing is we already have a stude DE in Mario Williams.....its tough to have both sides manned up with pro bowl players....the teams that are doing that usuallly have an aging veteran known guy and a young guy they drafted....Mario is in his prime.

We still have roster cuts to go through so we might not be done yet

And Aaron Schrobel is listed at 243 pounds......so its not like he was this big huge DE either

I totally agree. We definitely don't need a stud DE as I stated in the 2nd paragraph. I just would feel a lot better with one more vet in the rotation. Asking Hughes to play a lot of 1st and 2nd downs might be too much for him; I also want to save him for 3rd downs for his pass rushing.

I just think acquiring another vet would be a very smart move. Someone like Brandon Graham or Derrick Morgan; guys in the Jerry Hughes mold- former 1st round picks that haven't lived up to their draft billing but a change of scenery could really spark them. I wouldn't want to spend more then a 5th round pick and ideally no picks at all; try and work out a player for player swap.

I'm just afraid that if Mario Williams were to go down, we would be awfully thin at DE. That would leave Jerry Hughes and Manny Lawson as our full time starters- both of whom already have question marks whether or not they will be able to hold their own on run downs.