California nutcase kills 7, wounds 7 - leaves video on YouTube

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but...how do you identify such people? You'd institutionalize me because...?

because you call Gator an idiot. that's like accusing water of being wet. now go take your meds.

Some would say the issue is citizens with no interest in gun freedoms are paying dearly for others to have that freedom.....as long as your good with that then don't worry about these things....

If you only count one side of the equation you'll always get your desired answer. If you only count innocent gunshot victims and fail to weigh that figure against the protection guns offer (not the easiest thing to accurately quantify, I admit) you'll always end up with a rhetorically useful, but analytically useless figure.

Using your same logic I could make a case for disbanding the prison system entirely. There are, and will always be wrongfully convicted prisoners. You're happy to let those people pay the price for your security.

You'd institutionalize me because...?

You need more justification than that?

Returning to LA's question: I was not attacking the right to bear arms. It just comes at a price. Just like free speech does (Wesboro douchebaggery being one of the prices).

Guns are used more in commission of crimes than the nightstand handgun coming in handy. But I don't care about that either way--I'm not trying to argue over which is better. Clearly, the issue is one of too many DC Toms and Thailogs out there ruining it for the rest of us. How you get them the help they need is a huge problem, made worse by a mental health system that is so, so, so, so behind our medical system. And that's just for the people who would accept help in the first place.

I'm a lot more worried about the people who don't, or walk away from the help. Those are the people that are the big problem.

Edited by John Adams

I'm a lot more worried about the people who don't, or walk away from the help. Those are the people that are the big problem.

Mark Cuban got some grief recently for commenting how he'll cross streets if he sees a black guy in a hoodie or bald white guy in tatoos coming at him. I'm actually more inclined to cross streets if the guy coming at me is screaming at a tree with his shirt on backwards.

Mark Cuban got some grief recently for commenting how he'll cross streets if he sees a black guy in a hoodie or bald white guy in tatoos coming at him. I'm actually more inclined to cross streets if the guy coming at me is screaming at a tree with his shirt on backwards.

As an aside, the backlash on the Cuban comment was so retarded. In the full context, what he said was not racially biased but meant to show that as humans, we're biased. Put 100 people of 4 races in a gym randomly and an hour later, they will have mostly congregated to the people most like themselves. That's human nature. It's got nothing do do with hating others.

As an aside, the backlash on the Cuban comment was so retarded. In the full context, what he said was not racially biased but meant to show that as humans, we're biased. Put 100 people of 4 races in a gym randomly and an hour later, they will have mostly congregated to the people most like themselves. That's human nature. It's got nothing do do with hating others.

On the set of the original Planet of the Apes, between takes actors and extras spontaneously segregated according to costume (chimpanzees only associated with chimpanzees, orangutans with orangutans, gorillas with gorillas.)

Apparently it's a very deeply ingrained reflex.

Reminds me of my first year in college. Everyone was assigned roommates randomly. By the end of the first month, the dorm was completely segregated.

On the set of the original Planet of the Apes, between takes actors and extras spontaneously segregated according to costume (chimpanzees only associated with chimpanzees, orangutans with orangutans, gorillas with gorillas.)

Apparently it's a very deeply ingrained reflex.

Damn you, instinct.

Guns are used more in commission of crimes than the nightstand handgun coming in handy...

I don't know whether or not this is true. Do you have any way of substantiating that claim?

It's relatively easy to quantify the former, virtually impossible to quantify the latter. I'm curious how you drew this conclusion.

Clearly, the issue is one of too many DC Toms and Thailogs out there ruining it for the rest of us. How you get them the help they need is a huge problem, made worse by a mental health system that is so, so, so, so behind our medical system. And that's just for the people who would accept help in the first place.

this is pretty much what I was saying. I just think that in some cases, we need to reconsider allowing some of them to move about so freely in our society until that time that their condition can be stablized.

this is pretty much what I was saying. I just think that in some cases, we need to reconsider allowing some of them to move about so freely in our society until that time that their condition can be stablized.

!@#$ both of you for lumping me together with Thailog.

!@#$ both of you for lumping me together with Thailog.

I claim ignorance as a defense.....I don't even know who that is.

but I've noted how the comparison irritates you.... :D