For those worried that size matters, Doug Whaley has you covered

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The stature of the wide receiving group pales in comparison to the size of Chris Hogan's heart.

You gotta be careful man!

I had a roommate in college from Glens Falls. He used the word bud after every sentence. It was a replacement for dude etc... Well when we met him it went from mildly annoying to kinda funny. We then started picking on him (good natured - he was a good guy) and saying bud after every sentence ourselves. It was pretty funny for a while (it was college cut me some slack) then one day I noticed it had made it into all of our lexicon. We used it regularly and no longer ironically.

You are going to find your self one Sunday this year celebrating some play Chris Hogan makes a little too hard. Heck it might even be in a preseason game. Then you are going to look around and be relieved nobody saw it. The thing is, even you don't tell anyone, you will know. You will know and come to realize that the little 7-11 bastard has worked his way into your heart. That all this time you were just reacting this way because a little part of you always liked him. You just didn't want to admit it.

Or you know you'll probably waaaayyyyyy overreact to one catch Da'Rick makes and tell us all how he is a sure fire H.O.F. ;):P

You gotta be careful man!

I had a roommate in college from Glens Falls. He used the word bud after every sentence. It was a replacement for dude etc... Well when we met him it went from mildly annoying to kinda funny. We then started picking on him (good natured - he was a good guy) and saying bud after every sentence ourselves. It was pretty funny for a while (it was college cut me some slack) then one day I noticed it had made it into all of our lexicon. We used it regularly and no longer ironically.

You are going to find your self one Sunday this year celebrating some play Chris Hogan makes a little too hard. Heck it might even be in a preseason game. Then you are going to look around and be relieved nobody saw it. The thing is, even you don't tell anyone, you will know. You will know and come to realize that the little 7-11 bastard has worked his way into your heart. That all this time you were just reacting this way because a little part of you always liked him. You just didn't want to admit it.

Or you know you'll probably waaaayyyyyy overreact to one catch Da'Rick makes and tell us all how he is a sure fire H.O.F. ;):P

I think Kirby already has a Taco Bell bet or something based on Hogan's reception count vs. Da'Rick's... Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm over the Da'Rick thing. I think the guy will be a solid NFL player (as I have always said). I am not sure where this HOF stuff comes from.

I will graciously bow out of this thread. I saw it as a prime opportunity to take a shot at Hogan and I did. He is bad at football and doesn't belong on the team.

Fortunately enough was done this offseason to send him packing with his participation ribbon in tote. His obituary will read "Chris was a lousy WR that caught 22 passes in college and the NFL combined. Those 22 passes accounted for 230 hard fought yards. On 3 of those occasions he heroically crossed the goal line for the Monmouth Hawks. Heart, determination and incriminating photographs landed him an undeserved spot in the NFL where he flamed out quickly. His spirit lives on in the movies Invincible & Rudy. He is survived by Wojo, Tim Anderson and countless other scrappy unathletic white guys that give it their all."

I'm over the Da'Rick thing. I think the guy will be a solid NFL player (as I have always said). I am not sure where this HOF stuff comes from.

I will graciously bow out of this thread. I saw it as a prime opportunity to take a shot at Hogan and I did. He is bad at football and doesn't belong on the team.

Fortunately enough was done this offseason to send him packing with his participation ribbon in tote. His obituary will read "Chris was a lousy WR that caught 22 passes in college and the NFL combined. Those 22 passes accounted for 230 hard fought yards. On 3 of those occasions he heroically crossed the goal line for the Monmouth Hawks. Heart, determination and incriminating photographs landed him an undeserved spot in the NFL where he flamed out quickly. His spirit lives on in the movies Invincible & Rudy. He is survived by Wojo, Tim Anderson and countless other scrappy unathletic white guys that give it their all."

And was in the top 1% of their profession and got to play a sport for a living. Chris Hogan wins. :)

And Aaron Craft!!

And was in the top 1% of their profession and got to play a sport for a living. Chris Hogan wins. :)

He got to play for a few years. One of my best friends kicked around in a Hogan-like role (7 teams in 6 years). He hardly made a living out of it. He had a few years of pretty good money and a large settlement check from the damage that was done to his body. He now sells advertising.

And Aaron Craft!!

I was going to include him but he is one of my favorite players so I cut him some slack. I tried to only throw one former Buckeye under the bus.

And Aaron Craft!!

Craft is pretty damn athletic. He just doesn't have a jump shot or he'd have a NBA future.

He got to play for a few years. One of my best friends kicked around in a Hogan-like role (7 teams in 6 years). He hardly made a living out of it. He had a few years of pretty good money and a large settlement check from the damage that was done to his body. He now sells advertising. I was going to include him but he is one of my favorite players so I cut him some slack. I tried to only throw one former Buckeye under the bus.

Fair enough. I just find it hard to pick on a guy who made it to the top of his profession. I played in college and now how hard it is to even get a NFL try out. Hogan made $405,000 last year. He probably has a free ride into coaching or a front office position. Why hate on that?

Fair enough. I just find it hard to pick on a guy who made it to the top of his profession. I played in college and now how hard it is to even get a NFL try out. Hogan made $405,000 last year. He probably has a free ride into coaching or a front office position. Why hate on that?

I played in college too (baseball) but I was much more like a David Eckstein than I was a Robinson Cano. :) I played the best game of my life in front of the Yankees scout and after the game he came to talk to me. I was thrilled. He said, "you played a great game but we really aren't looking for 5'9 corner outfielders" and that was that.

Like I said my issue isn't with Hogan as much as it is with the people that used a spot on him. He is more the poster boy to me. He seems like a decent guy and he certainly works hard. There is just a point where you need the ability to contribute.

I think Kirby already has a Taco Bell bet or something based on Hogan's reception count vs. Da'Rick's...

He sure does. If Da'Rick ends his career with more TD's than Hogan I owe Kirby two Taco Bell tacos. He upped the ante and told me he'd buy me two tacos every time Hogan scores a TD in the regular season. Moral of the story..... I'm about to get fat! :lol:

Craft is pretty damn athletic. He just doesn't have a jump shot or he'd have a NBA future.

He is. Too bad he can't shoot.But Scrappy is his middle name. lol. We were hoping he would play Safety for the football team this season with his 1 year of eligibility he has for a different sport.

I played in college too (baseball) but I was much more like a David Eckstein than I was a Robinson Cano. :) I played the best game of my life in front of the Yankees scout and after the game he came to talk to me. I was thrilled. He said, "you played a great game but we really aren't looking for 5'9 corner outfielders" and that was that.

Like I said my issue isn't with Hogan as much as it is with the people that used a spot on him. He is more the poster boy to me. He seems like a decent guy and he certainly works hard. There is just a point where you need the ability to contribute.

Moral of the story: You're jelly. :) And Hogan is listed at 6'1" 220 lbs.

And my point is that why do we crush a guy like Hogan and not crush Rogers? Rogers' attitude is the problem. It's not pop warner. You have to earn your spot, especially when you're UDFA. And he didn't.

He is. Too bad he can't shoot.But Scrappy is his middle name. lol. We were hoping he would play Safety for the football team this season with his 1 year of eligibility he has for a different sport.

That's actually a great idea. He's be a bigger, more athletic Jim Leonhard.

Isn't an enlarged heart a bad thing?

Chris Hogan is always open, except on Sundays.

This is not true. He is always open on Sundays...he just happens to be sold out of the product you're looking for.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

The stature of the wide receiving group pales in comparison to the size of Chris Hogan's heart.

He's done. Unless the Bills keep 7 WR's. Then he MIGHT stick around.

I think they only bring in these big WRs to cut them later so they have an excuse every time they get asked why they don't get with the times and bring in bigger targets, like the successful teams do. TJ Graham makes the team. Write it down.

Seahwaks are the Super Bowl champs. They didn't have any "big" WR's. They just had WR's who could play. That's all that matters. Plenty of big WR's get cut every year. Being big doesn't mean they can play effectively. Being under 6' doesn't mean you can't. If Graham improves, he will make it. Can't teach that speed and explosion.

And Aaron Craft!!

And Jimmer Fredette.

Edited by purple haze

Hogan had 12 career receptions at Monmouth!! Think about that, what is that guy doing on your roster? They cut a guy that once led the SEC in receiving and kept a guy that had 12 career receptions at Monmouth at the same position. I don't blame Hogan as much for being bad at football I blame the people that bothered wasting a roster spot on him.

This isn't about developing good young men. The Bills aren't a reform school. It is about winning football games period. If a guy is never going to help you win a game there is no reason to have him.

what does this tell you about the Bills coaching staff?

I can't wait for the new owner to take over this team.