Buffalo's new stadium - will Super Bowl be played in it?

If it's a dome, yes. NFL loves to reward teams that get new stadiums with a SB. But of course it has to go by the rules of either a dome or average temp of 50+ on SB Sunday. Unless you're Roger Goodell and you just want to give it to New York anyway rules be damned, then you can do whatever you want.

But yes, I think we would.

I think it would depend on how much infrastructure we have available around the stadium. If the hotels, restaurants, convention center, and access are up in place then I would say we would get one. They seem to be really rewarding the new stadiums lately and it could easily be an unofficial promise made to the city / new owner to get a new one built.

I think it would depend on how much infrastructure we have available around the stadium. If the hotels, restaurants, convention center, and access are up in place then I would say we would get one. They seem to be really rewarding the new stadiums lately and it could easily be an unofficial promise made to the city / new owner to get a new one built.

Assuming they build a new stadium in the location talked about in the other thread, it will be near FNC and the new Harbor Center.

Assuming they build a new stadium in the location talked about in the other thread, it will be near FNC and the new Harbor Center.

Right, but that alone isn't enough. Even if it's downtown they would still need more hotel space, restaurants, and a new convention center I would think. If the convention center could be built with the stadium it would probably be the old "if you build it, they will come" sort of thing for the hotels and restaurants.

It seems like there are tons of hotels being built. Are we to the point where there is enough hotel space, which is always is brought up as the reason it couldn't happen.

Really, besides harbor center where? Also, they should be within walking distance of the stadium to be relevant.

Hotels don't necessarily have to be by the stadium. I went to SB XL with the Seahawks and our hotel and the team hotel were 15 miles away from the stadium. We rode around on busses to the stadium and downtown. If Detroit can do it with a new stadium, so could Buffalo I would think.

Really, besides harbor center where? Also, they should be within walking distance of the stadium to be relevant.

Google is your friend. And, this article is just about downtown. I live near Exit 55 of the Thruway. I didn't get it when they put up a Hampton. Well, that must have worked - since they've put up two more bigger hotels right next door since, in the last year or two.

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/buffalos-hotel-makeover-20140126

I heard them talking about the criterion for rewarding Super Bowls on the NFL Network the other day...or maybe it was Pro Football Talk. They were saying that, yes, the league likes to reward communities with new stadiums with Super Bowls...but a publicly funded stadium is their preference. That said, I think it would be a while before Buffalo received serious consideration. But, with talk of rotating the draft, it does seem that the NFL is open to spreading the wealth a little more than it has in the past.