Question for Vape users

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the Halo Triton Tank system...Twisted Java E-liquid...I had smoked on and off for 30 plus years...And I was feeling the effects for sure despite working out almost every day and doing tons of cardio...The biggest difference I've noticed since I switched to vaping is lack of coughing and lung related discomfort in general...I'm not sure how healthy it is really...But I am 100% sure it's healthier than actual cigs because I can notice a huge difference. I'll eventually ween myself off the ecigs too...But for now it's got me off regular cigs permanently and that can't be a bad thing... B-)

I would also be weary of the habit intensifying due to the accessibility and ease of the e-cig. Like if you really wanted, you could potentially suck down the thing all day at work, in the car, watching TV, etc. Its a good idea to self-monitor and be careful of that. If you can e-cig in moderation, just to replace the habit a bit (such as if you NEED a cig when drinking), and also to get the nicotine fix, then its good. If you want that constantly running through your veins, then it is probably going to be proven bad for you long term.

This is a concern for me as well. I do most of my smoking in the evening. So the potential exists for a near constant flow of nicotine while I'm gaming or what not lol. Just have to discipline myself to the usual smoke an hour.

I gotta go with the cold turkey method, it's 3 days of feeling uncomfortable and then your good. I've smoked for years, then quit for years and repeated that cycle 3 times. Its doable.

The old saying. Quiting is easy. I've done it dozens of times.

@ least when you are smoking, you aren't eating and getting heavy... Think of it as a "diet pill."

I jest, I jest... Good luck all... Watch out for those ex-smokers, I hear some say they are the worst and hardest to deal with! ;-) ;-) My older sister was the absolute worse, after quiting, it was like a crusade for her to get everybody else to quit! I never smoked a day in my life... But soda will probably kill me! ;-)

@ least when you are smoking, you aren't eating and getting heavy... Think of it as a "diet pill."

I jest, I jest... Good luck all... Watch out for those ex-smokers, I hear some say they are the worst and hardest to deal with! ;-) ;-) My older sister was the absolute worse, after quitting, it was like a crusade for her to get everybody else to quit! I never smoked a day in my life... But soda will probably kill me! ;-)

Quitters can be unbearable, I smoked from 13-29 and quit cold turkey after my soon to be wifey nagged me incessantly. I don't mind being around smokers and it would be hypocritical to constantly tell them to quit. We all know what will happen if you smoke so there is no need for additional reminders.

This worked for me , my last smoke was May 8th, 2008 after 20 some years smoking.

I too would think this nicotine delivery method better than a smoke, but agree that no nicotine addiction would be better than that. And that is what smoking really is...a nicotine addiction,

That book will help you get out of the nicotine addiction.

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0615482155

Quitters can be unbearable, I smoked from 13-29 and quit cold turkey after my soon to be wifey nagged me incessantly. I don't mind being around smokers and it would be hypocritical to constantly tell them to quit. We all know what will happen if you smoke so there is no need for additional reminders.

You're a reasonable individual. I never said a word to anyone after quitting unless they asked. Hypocrisy might be pet peeve #1.

You're a reasonable individual. I never said a word to anyone after quitting unless they asked. Hypocrisy might be pet peeve #1.

Yeah totally agree. My sister had to be the worse... Even worse when she went on a dieting and health kick... Then everybody had to lose weight and get fit like her! Quitting smoking was just the tip of the iceberg! LoL... Now everybody had to exercise, not eat, and look fit! LoL

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

As a non smoker, and with the NY indoor air laws being strict, I never knew how much it can bother you until you are around it again. I am all for something to help bridge your craving and slow down your addictions, but I hope vaping just doesn't trade one addiction for another. If you can slowly ween yourself away that would be great!

Also as a side note I heard someone say all the Vap shops are popping up because they think the Marijuana laws in NY will be changing and they will be first in line to sell as a retailer? Kind of makes sense, anyone else heard that?

I use Smoov Battery, Aspire tank and wick. Works like a charm. I went from a pack and a half a day to maybe 3 cigarettes per week? (If that?)

The key is finding a good store, that won't put you into anything that you don't want.

Best of luck!

Edited by Draconator

So, I've been a smoker on and off since I was 13 years old. I wanna quit using cigarettes but I love nicotine too much. A friend of mine suggested I try vaping instead. Anybody out there got any good recommendations on what the best brands of Vapes are?

This is what I use, because I can find it at a local shop.

http://shop.foos1.com/

But you can still get it over the net. The menthol flavor is actually a little harsh on the back of the throat, but the taste is good. The starter kit is inexpensive, so if you don't like it, you aren't out much money.

I also like it because the company was started by an Iraqi War Vet out of his house. He now distributes to a few thousand retailers in Kansas and Missouri. They really need to go national.

Edited by CookieG

As a non smoker, and with the NY indoor air laws being strict, I never knew how much it can bother you until you are around it again. I am all for something to help bridge your craving and slow down your addictions, but I hope vaping just doesn't trade one addiction for another. If you can slowly ween yourself away that would be great!

Also as a side note I heard someone say all the Vap shops are popping up because they think the Marijuana laws in NY will be changing and they will be first in line to sell as a retailer? Kind of makes sense, anyone else heard that?

YEP! I started working in the gov't when smoking was allowed everywhere... You should have seen how filthy the place/offices/etc... Would get... We'd have to wash the walls 4 times a year...We'd piant the ceilings @ least once a year... The place was a cesspool, I am not just talking about the river! Out of 13 people here, 24/7/365, there was somebody always smoking... Now... I think there is only one person who smokes and they are trying to quit since the other smoker just dropped dead of a heart attack... Thank God they have do it only near the picnic shelter now!

This is what I use, because I can find it at a local shop.

http://shop.foos1.com/

But you can still get it over the net. The menthol flavor is actually a little harsh on the back of the throat, but the taste is good. The starter kit is inexpensive, so if you don't like it, you aren't out much money.

I also like it because the company was started by an Iraqi War Vet out of his house. He now distributes to a few thousand retailers in Kansas and Missouri. They really need to go national.

I ended up going with a Kangertech EVOD. With "Red Bovine" flavored liquid. Haven't had a cigarette in three days, nor have I had the urge to.