• Sammy Watkins
    • Khalil Mack
    • Jake Matthews
    • Mike Evans
    • Justin Gilbert
    • Anthony Barr
    • Eric Ebron
    • Other (someone outside top 10)

Mike Williams was never considered safe because he was slow. That is why he almost fell out of the top 10. Aaron Curry is one random exception. Mack has off the charts measurables and years of consistent production. In addition, his game is extremely versatile. He can play in space, rush the passer and play the run. That typically translates. That is why he is viewed as so safe (same goes for the other 2).

The guys that bust are the guys that do one thing well or people become enamored with just their measurables. Barr is someone as an example that has some raw pass rush ability. He had a great year two years ago and regressed this year. He is a converted RB that no one has any idea if he can play the run or in coverage (despite his good athleticism).

Mack was said to "have no weaknesses" and his "explosion rating" that Pro Football Outsiders uses to gauge DL and LBs was the highest ever recorded...doubt he will be a bust

I'm going with Bortles...their offense is suspect to begin with and minus Blackmon, even more suspect

Edited by matter2003

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mack was said to "have no weaknesses" and his "explosion rating" that Pro Football Outsiders uses to gauge DL and LBs was the highest ever recorded...doubt he will be a bust

I'm going with Bortles...their offense is suspect to begin with and minus Blackmon, even more suspect

Mack, Watkins and Mathews were the safest picks IMO.

Bortles and Barr are the two best bust candidates.

So OSU knew that UB had a 1st player on the team but were blindsided by his performance? Wouldn't that be the guy that you schemed around the most? Wouldn't you try to take away the guy that you know is their best player, especially knowing that the other guys on that team can't hurt you?

I'm not interested in anyone's opinion of the OSU game. I could care less if anyone agrees or disagrees with my assessment of Mack's OSU outlier performance.

The question asked many times and no one has answered is why did Mack disappear at the end of the season when UB needed him the most?

Edited by Why So Serious?

I'm not interested in anyone's opinion of the OSU game. I could care less if anyone agrees or disagrees with my assessment of Mack's OSU outlier performance.

The question asked many times and no one has answered is why did Mack disappear at the end of the season when UB needed him the most?

I was just responding to something that you posted about him "blindsiding" them.

The last few games of the year teams wisely doubled (and tripled him). In addition, they ran away from him the whole time. If I were coaching against UB I would have done the exact same thing. There may have been a little of the Clowney syndrome as well (a little). I do not really hold that against either player.

The problem is it was a top 10 pick and Barr isn't ready for the NFL in 2014.

I agree in 2016 he may develop into a force.

A top 10 pick that takes that long to develop could be called a bust.

Especially if he ends up developing on someone else's team.

Does this make Dareus a bust?

If you type Dareus into Google the auto fill feature lists Bust as the next word.

So I don't agree but there are some impatient fans that may think that Dareus is a bust.

The same point stands. Do you want your Top 10 Pick to sit around for a couple if years to develop?

Dareus contributed from Day 1. He didn't put up gaudy stats but he was effective on the line from Day 1.

Barr may only used sparingly as a situational rusher for a long time. If that happens some will call that pick a bust.

If you type Dareus into Google the auto fill feature lists Bust as the next word.

So I don't agree but there are some impatient fans that may think that Dareus is a bust.

The same point stands. Do you want your Top 10 Pick to sit around for a couple if years to develop?

Dareus contributed from Day 1. He didn't put up gaudy stats but he was effective on the line from Day 1.

Barr may only used sparingly as a situational rusher for a long time. If that happens some will call that pick a bust.

I don't see Dareus as a bust. I do see impatient fans as a bust

He raises another nuance of "bust": what about the other guys you passed on when you drafted this guy?

He is a starter, but not a difference maker, certainly not dominant. At the time I hated the pick because it was made under the desperate hysteria of needing an NT for Chan's ill-advised 3-4 conversion. I wanted either AJ Green or Patrick Peterson, thinking they were both superior players ... now the rest of league would agree.

So if being a starter saves Dareus from being a flat out "bust", I'd at least say he's a wasted a pick from an opportunity cost perspective.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I think we all got our mike williams mixed up. Lol the bills tackle mike williams was drafted 4th and the lions WR mike williams was drafted 10th and our current wr was drafted in the 4th round pick 101

Can't one of them just call themselves "Michael" or "Meezy" so we can clarify this sh--?

I was saying Barr throughout the draft build up, but I really like the fit for him at the Vikings. I think Zimmer gets major production out of him. I still would not have wanted Buffalo to draft him mind you.

I vote Greg Robinson. I'm really not sold on him as a pass protector.

Edited by GunnerBill