Lawsuit by ex- players against NFL

ALF

There are a bunch of problems with this suit. First, how is it that the League, and not the individual teams and their employees being sued? What is the NFL's direct responsibility/culpability?

Also, how will 8 (or 508) players be able to document or prove what was given to them and by whom? Without prescriptions, it will be impossible to prove who was given what by whom.

McMann took 100 percocet a month? Narcotics will take that many in a week, easily. 100 a month isn't even a maintanance prescription dose at a pain treatment center.

Kyle Turley had to wait umtil he met Dr. in a locker room to realize that narcotics "would take the pain away"?

And the description of the effects or Toradol's miraculous effects ("numbing", walked in on crutches and ran out of the tunnel onto the field) are way over the top.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is where the NFL is liable. I understand it is the nature of the game, but they are still liable for this fear.

What idiocy is this? So if I get wind my employer is looking to replace me with someone else, I basically have carte blanche to kill the candidates, do drugs, run a prostitution ring and then claim I was in fear of losing my job so it's my employer's fault?

Fear of losing their job doesn't make their decision the fault of the teams.

What idiocy is this? So if I get wind my employer is looking to replace me with someone else, I basically have carte blanche to kill the candidates, do drugs, run a prostitution ring and then claim I was in fear of losing my job so it's my employer's fault?

Fear of losing their job doesn't make their decision the fault of the teams.

Isn't the team liable though for the fact that they're offering it up? (especially IF it was being done illegally, and not by proper medical standards and protocol)?