PFF's Secret Superstars for 2014: Nigel Bradham?

https://www.profootb...-buffalo-bills/

we’ve dug deep into the Buffalo roster for a Secret Superstar who didn’t even play a quarter of his team’s defensive snaps last season and will be in a fight for a roster spot in training camp. That would be third-year linebacker Nigel Bradham, and if all breaks right he could be a difference-maker who helps the Bills finally convert their talent to the win-loss column.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I've always liked him!

...but I don't get the sense he's at all a part of Whaley/Marrone/Schwartz's plans. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets no opportunity to play and/or gets cut.

For the record, their "Secret Superstar" for the Bills last year was Alex Carrington. Obviously didn't work out great, but injury was certainly a major factor. Still, it's somewhat bad that he didn't seem to get a contract offer from either the Bills or the Browns.

Bradham has the talent he just has not been able to put it all together. That could also be the product of having different D cords in his first two seasons. I think if he gets in the system and is coached right he really can play in this league. This is his make or break season.

As an FYI the article notes last years secret superstar was Alex Carrington, an injury shortened season and now out of work

Not true, he signed a one year deal with the Steelers.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I don't always, or I should say rarely, buy the stuff from PFF, but they made some good points for Bradham...that said, it would be spectacular if they are correct but will assume that he remains a role player on a Defense that keeps getting better....wouldn't it be great, if Bradham emerges as PFF predicted (and to a lesser extent DW last season) and you could have Bradham, Kiko, Spikes and then maybe Preston Brown, depending on how he does?? That could be a very physically imposing LB core...

This should answer, once and for all, ANY questions regarding PFF's credibility to judge football players. If Bradham makes a mark on special teams, he'll stick. If not, I doubt he even makes the roster. He looked lost as a rookie, which is understandable, but he made NO strides last year.

GO BILLS!!!

Bradham is high on the list to not make the team. I would give him about a 20% chance of making it. I think one UDFA LB that flashes on special teams and Bradham is done. He won't see the field in the nickel and dime defenses. His only shot is OLB and maube back-up MLB. Highly doubt he makes the team.

I'll go out on this rather large and firm limb that kiko and spikes are starting. Add that Hughes and Lawson are probably playing end.

It means there will be an interesting battle in camp to find the third starting LB. Nigel, Rivers, new rookie guy, they all likely will get a shot at the job.

You can pencil in Rivers as the Sam right now. Barring injury, he'll be there the entire year.

GO BILLS!!!

Bradham is high on the list to not make the team. I would give him about a 20% chance of making it. I think one UDFA LB that flashes on special teams and Bradham is done. He won't see the field in the nickel and dime defenses. His only shot is OLB and maube back-up MLB. Highly doubt he makes the team.

My bet is that he gets beat out by Randell Johnson.