I thought the NFL cap was a perfect system

Like A Mofo

Phil Simms brought up a good point yesterday which I never stopped to consider about New England.

What Bellicheck does that noone else seems to do is NOT WASTE ROSTER SPOTS. You get 53 guys. Instead of 22 for both sides of the ball, and another 20 for rotating and another 11 for hanging out and watching, he has a roster full of people who can go in at anytime and play.

So instead of paying a few guys a gzillion bucks (see Peerless Price, Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison), he pays more people a half a gzillion bucks and everyone plays at any given time, which is why they seem to have something of a no-name team outside of Brady.

At any length, you have to tip your hat to NE. All of their 'fans' from T-Bone to PF in Indiana must be very happy today.

when their secondary goes down with injuries, and they put in a WR, and he gets 3 INTs. that is just crazy.

the coaches are winning games.

the players are all over rated and under paid. so the cap is not a problem for them.

they have 1 DE, 1 LB, 1 CB, and 1 RB which are very good. everyone else is eather average or slightly better than average. but they win and win and win.

which is why they seem to have something of a no-name team outside of Brady.

I'm getting so sick of the "no-name" team crap. If you can't name a dozen players on the team, then you're not paying any attention to the NFL. This "we plug in any 7th round pick" junk is just that.

CW

I'm getting so sick of the "no-name" team crap.  If you can't name a dozen players on the team, then you're not paying any attention to the NFL.  This "we plug in any 7th round pick" junk is just that.

CW

216586[/snapback]

Fez, the point is, from week to week, the person helping them pull out the win is generally somebody different. It's not "Brady does it again" or "Bruschi does it again." Who is Brady's go-to receiver? Who is the defensive end who always gets the clutch sack? That's all I'm saying.

Fez, the point is, from week to week, the person helping them pull out the win is generally somebody different. It's not "Brady does it again" or "Bruschi does it again." Who is Brady's go-to receiver? Who is the defensive end who always gets the clutch sack? That's all I'm saying.

216601[/snapback]

Good point LA...someone different always seems to come up big for those bastards, which is why you cant key on any single player to stop them...they will just go elsewhere...

you are wrong on 1 thing tho, Brady likes to clutch a lot of sack... :D

216601[/snapback]

I'll take a stab at that:

Brady: Patton and Branch are the go-to receivers

Rushing: Dillon (duh)

Kicking: Vinatieri (he's won how many Superbowls for them?)

Sacks: McGinist

Headhunter (aka: center fielder): Harrison

Tackle leader: Bruschi

Ok, let's see how I did:

Receiving: Givens led the team with 56 receptions. Patton and Branch were #2 and #3, and Patton leads the team in TDs with 7 (Branch was 2nd)

Rushing: Dillon had 1600+ yards. Nuff said

Kicking: I don't even need to address that

Sacks: McGinist had 9.5 sacks, 2FF, and an INT.

Tackles: Harrison leads the team with 129 (Bruschi is second with 120, so I was close).

See, it really isn't that hard. I still maintain that they're not a bunch of nonames by any stretch of the imagination.

And I forgot to even mention Vrabel.

So yes, they spread the ball out a lot in the passing game. But rushing and defense they have dominant players.

CW

I'll take a stab at that:

Brady: Patton and Branch are the go-to receivers

Rushing: Dillon (duh)

Kicking: Vinatieri (he's won how many Superbowls for them?)

Sacks: McGinist

Headhunter (aka: center fielder): Harrison

Tackle leader: Bruschi

Ok, let's see how I did:

Receiving: Givens led the team with 56 receptions.  Patton and Branch were #2 and #3, and Patton leads the team in TDs with 7 (Branch was 2nd)

Rushing: Dillon had 1600+ yards.  Nuff said

Kicking: I don't even need to address that

Sacks: McGinist had 9.5 sacks, 2FF, and an INT.

Tackles: Harrison leads the team with 129 (Bruschi is second with 120, so I was close). 

See, it really isn't that hard.  I still maintain that they're not a bunch of nonames by any stretch of the imagination.

And I forgot to even mention Vrabel.

So yes, they spread the ball out a lot in the passing game.  But rushing and defense they have dominant players.

CW

216619[/snapback]

And who was tied for most picks on the team with three?

Troy Brown.

The Pats do have superstar players...

Seymour is a top 5 DL

Bruschi is a top 5 LB

Law is a top 5 DB

Brady is a top 2 QB

Dillon is a top 5 RB

Viniatieri is a top 1 kicker

216695[/snapback]

Dont tell the media that. That may spoil their Pats lovefe$t :w00t: