Doug Whaley Approval Poll

219 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Approve of the Job Doug Whaley has Done as Bills' GM?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what he is doing in theory. It all hinges on EJ. Whaley believes that with a strong D and play makers EJ will be able to keep the Bills in the Playoff hunt. EJ needs to be Russell Wilson.

Really (bolded part)? What happens if EJ plays well but the D plays to Wannstedt proportions bad or we have a rash of injuries at WR leaving TJ Graham and Hulk Hogan as the starters? Or Fred and CJ both get injured?

It all hinges on the ENTIRE TEAM (all three phases of the game) to improve significantly for us to be the playoff team we all want so much.

Edited by reddogblitz

I like what he is doing in theory. It all hinges on EJ. Whaley believes that with a strong D and play makers EJ will be able to keep the Bills in the Playoff hunt. EJ needs to be Russell Wilson.

i think under the current model, the coaching staff/front office are counting on EJ to be a game manager/distributor, and grow into a franchise quarterback.

Really (bolded part)? What happens if EJ plays well but the D plays to Wannstedt proportions bad or we have a rash of injuries at WR leaving TJ Graham and Hulk Hogan as the starters?

It all hinges on the

then i think that alcohol sales in the western ny area will be at record highs and the readability of this board will be at an all time low. Edited by swnybillsfan

Really (bolded part)? What happens if EJ plays well but the D plays to Wannstedt proportions bad or we have a rash of injuries at WR leaving TJ Graham and Hulk Hogan as the starters?

It all hinges on the

freaking injuries. Every year we seem to have a ton of them. If the D reverts to Wannstedt style Schwartz should be fired mid-season. If we don't get injured and EJ plays like an average QB I like our playoff shots. I like what Whaley has done. Build the shell. If there is no QB worth drafting don't waste a pick on that, build the best shell you can so that nearly any QB can succeed.

i think under the current model, the coaching staff/front office are counting on EJ to be a game manager/distributor, and grow into a franchise quarterback.

then i think that alcohol sales in the western ny area will be at record highs and the readability of this board will be at an all time low.

I think your right about EJ. In a way, perhaps Whaley is trying to make the Bills the Steelers from 2004. Big Ben was a "game manager" while the Steelers D, talented WR's and hall of fame RB made the AFC Championship game. There was much debate here about whether Ben was a good QB or a "game manager." He eventually grew into a great QB. Not saying EJ is Big Ben, but that may be exactly the plan.

Which is why "too soon to tell" should be the only answer.

We want instant gratification! nothing much else to discuss until August.

^this.

the results of whaley's decision-making have not yet played an nfl game together. this poll is like espn giving out draft grades in may.

Nonsense! There have been several key decisions made by OBD under Whaley with regard to UFA (bye bye Byrd), EJ (No other QB added), trades (Stevie out/Bryce Brown in), and trading up for Sammy in exchange for the 2015 #1 & #4 picks. The poll is a gauge of whether people approve of Whaley's decisions and the approach that the team is taking thus far during his brief tenure as the Bills' GM.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz