Legally blind pole vaulter places 4th in her section at States

Beerball

I saw this special on espn as I was sitting in my hotel room getting the jitters on my wedding day. Absolutely amazing story.

And from what they said in espn is that she's not "legally blind" anymore. She's completely blind. Said that last year the little bit of sight she had she lost firing an event. At least that's what I thought I heard.

I was a really good pole vaulter in high school. I understand how she dies it because in track and field everything is all about precision and steps to your goal. But man, I could never imagine doing it blindfolded.

I saw this special on espn as I was sitting in my hotel room getting the jitters on my wedding day. Absolutely amazing story.

And from what they said in espn is that she's not "legally blind" anymore. She's completely blind. Said that last year the little bit of sight she had she lost firing an event. At least that's what I thought I heard.

I was a really good pole vaulter in high school. I understand how she dies it because in track and field everything is all about precision and steps to your goal. But man, I could never imagine doing it blindfolded.

when you do those things over and over and when you develop your skills you become so coordinated and so in tune that you can do it blindfolded. I ran a 110HH race in practice blindfolded. It wasn't easy but it was a lot easier then I thought.

Also, one NFL player was on sports science doing things blindfolded and they found he was only inches off on his routes vs sight.

when you do those things over and over and when you develop your skills you become so coordinated and so in tune that you can do it blindfolded. I ran a 110HH race in practice blindfolded. It wasn't easy but it was a lot easier then I thought.

Also, one NFL player was on sports science doing things blindfolded and they found he was only inches off on his routes vs sight.

That is what I was thinking. With the vault, once the mechanics are down, I would think sight becomes a hinderance.

Who's the placekicker that never looked? I think he was a 49er? Was it Ray Wersching?

Anyway, great story!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois