AT&T purchase of DirecTV

Mr Info

This is big news in the competitive landscape. I have U verse but have to keep DirecTV dormant in the offseason just to get the Sunday Ticket during the season. It will be utterly great if the Ticket starts getting brodcast on Uverse.

I agree. I also love their wireless receiver. Means not having to keep an extra box in the guest room.

I'll be getting one soon.

Here's the thing. Since we dumped cable, got Roku and had tons of stuff that we could watch whenever we wanted we're watching a shitload less TV. I scroll through Netflix and think that looks good, oh and that too, hmmm maybe this one. Then end up giving up and picking up a book. :lol:

I have Uverse will I get free Sunday Ticket? I was going to sign up for Directv this year to get it free. I wonder if I should do it now to lock it in?

Doubt it. DirecTV is operating as a separate company under AT&T, and any deal that DirecTV reaches with the NFL on renewal would likely be for the DirecTV service only (and not include U-Verse). That deal is probably going to get done before regulators approve the ATT/DirecTV deal.

Doubt it. DirecTV is operating as a separate company under AT&T, and any deal that DirecTV reaches with the NFL on renewal would likely be for the DirecTV service only (and not include U-Verse). That deal is probably going to get done before regulators approve the ATT/DirecTV deal.

So are you saying I should go ahead and get Directv?

So are you saying I should go ahead and get Directv?

Yeah, if Sunday Ticket is your deciding factor, there's almost no chance U-Verse gets it within the next year (probably not even in two years)

Edited by BlueFire

The days of haggling and negotiating with directv reps is probably over...

I have uverse. I make a yearly call, tell them I'm thinking about leaving, and then they will transfer me to the customer retention person who will offer me "the best price she can".

You gotta make sure to tell them that you're considering leaving. Until I said those magic words, they wouldn't transfer me to customer retention. Even though I specifically asked to talk to someone in customer retention.

Same call as my direct TV friends make, it's just to att instead.