CONOP 8888 - - The Pentagon's Zombie Apocalypse Survival Plan

Maybe zombies are the reason why the FDA needs sub machine guns. Maybe this is why every bureaucracy out there like the Dept of Education, Post Office, the infamous BLM are arming themselves to the teeth. Now my mind is at ease I was getting kind of paranoid before. I guess I should be more paranoid by the possibility of a zombie outbreak though.

Foreign Policy magazine reported that the plan isn't a true U.S. Strategic Command plan, only a training tool that was developed during 2009 and 2010. Zombies are just the bad guys in the plan that could be adapted to a real threat.

Because War-Gaming for a scenario in which a contagious Zombie pathogen is introduced to the civil population is a lot more politically correct than announcing that they are War-Gaming for a Jihadist Bio-Terror attack

Because War-Gaming for a scenario in which a contagious Zombie pathogen is introduced to the civil population is a lot more politically correct than announcing that they are War-Gaming for a Jihadist Bio-Terror attack

Close...because previous training plans used "Nigeria" or "Tunisa," which would be problematic if they every got out and published (we've all seen before the "Oh my God, the US has plans to invade such-and-such!" overreaction). But no one's going to freak out over a plan to defend against zombies. It says so in the intro to the plan.

And lest anyone think that's not a consideration: sometime back in the 80's, the 22nd SAS Regiment had as part of their training the lesson "plan a bank robbery." One of the recruits accidentally left his plan at the local pub. Needless to say, the British law enforcement, not having much of any insight into SAS training, freaked right the hell out. So yeah, sometimes it's good to make your training exercises relatively unbelievable.

Edit: I just read it. That is freakin' awesome. :lol:

Edited by DC Tom

I have to reinstall Left For Dead 2 on the PC to get tuned up! Practice for the apocalypse! Edited by Dante