Anyone see the Steelers boards today?

zow2

It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

216478[/snapback]

DUDE! How did you do it????????? A one liner??????????? :D

:lol:

Nothing better than watching people "suffer" through a 15-1 season. Very smart calling for the head of a coach who managed to get a team QB'd by a rookie to the AFC Championship game. It's apparently hard to face the fact that the better teams won yesterday. Home field advantage only means so much.

Guess every team has their version of the retard rodeo.

That's one good thing about not making the playoffs.  We don't have to go through all this post game playoff misery.  Half these people seem to want Cowher gone.

http://www.steelerwatch.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12514

216343[/snapback]

Yeah, we Bills fans are adept at creating our own misery throughout the regular season, who needs the playoffs! :w00t:

I think if anything Steeler fans should be grateful that Cowher and the Steelers went as far as they did with a rookie QB. That was an incredible run. However, yesterday the Patriots exposed him for a rookie. Of all years, this is one year I would not be calling for Cowher's head. If the steelers can keep the team largely intact, Roethlisberger's going to be light years ahead next year compared to his understanding of the game this year.

I think if anything Steeler fans should be grateful that Cowher and the Steelers went as far as they did with a rookie QB.  That was an incredible run.  However, yesterday the Patriots exposed him for a rookie.  Of all years, this is one year I would not be calling for Cowher's head.  If the steelers can keep the team largely intact, Roethlisberger's going to be light years ahead next year compared to his understanding of the game this year.

216939[/snapback]

He's certainly going to be better when the game slows down for him. He had so many misreads yesterday it was stupifying.

He's certainly going to be better when the game slows down for him.  He had so many misreads yesterday it was stupifying.

216943[/snapback]

But conversly, he had a couple of really good reads as well. The fourth and 5 TD pass was pretty damn good. Like you said...when the game slows down for him, he's going to be better. Probably much better.

Man, if only we started JP earlier...

But conversly, he had a couple of really good reads as well. The fourth and 5 TD pass was pretty damn good. Like you said...when the game slows down for him, he's going to be better. Probably much better.

Man, if only we started JP earlier...

217513[/snapback]

I'm really curious to see how much he improves this offseason. I'm wondering if he's going to go through the "Sophomore Slump" now that he's been exposed a little bit. The NFL has always been about adaptation and very young players have as hard a time as fossilized veterans at making sweeping changes.

I don't think starting Losman this year would have been good for his development. NFL history generally agrees with me.