Updated PFF Bills Depth Chart

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An evaluation that has Eric Wood as average and Kyle Williams/Marcell Dareus measurably better than Mario Williams (let alone calling Lee Smith average) is not to be taken as gospel IMO.

Nevertheless, thanks for posting Yolo

this

Mario Williams is a good starter while Kyle Williams is Elite? uhh MW has 23.5 sacks in 2 years with the Bills.. that's pretty impressive.

And this

An evaluation that has Eric Wood as average and Kyle Williams/Marcell Dareus measurably better than Mario Williams (let alone calling Lee Smith average) is not to be taken as gospel IMO.

Nevertheless, thanks for posting Yolo

I do what I can. When it comes to PFF. B-)

All in all, I think its pretty spot on based on past performance. It certainly supports the fact that we have depth and have raised the bar as far as talent goes. Hopefully all those purples and reds turn to yellows and greens over the course of this next season..

This is a curious evaluation. I notice that they have Thad Lewis is rated over EJ. And Tony Moeaki is rated as an "Average Starter" same as Eric Wood.

Also, we have 31 players that are average or better. Wouldn't that make the Bills a winning team?

Edited by hondo in seattle

Whatever...In my dream last night the Bills made the playoffs at 7-9, made the playoffs and won the Super Bowl after Dareus broke Russell Wilson's shoulder on a goal-line stand game changing hit. Our defense was nasty, and Gilmore & Aaron Williams each had picks.

Also, we have 31 players that are average or better. Wouldn't that make the Bills a winning team?

You'd think. See my prior comment.

Whatever...In my dream last night the Bills made the playoffs at 7-9, made the playoffs and won the Super Bowl after Dareus broke Russell Wilson's shoulder on a goal-line stand game changing hit. Our defense was nasty, and Gilmore & Aaron Williams each had picks.

And Thurman scored the winning TD!

... D'OH!

Kiko is rated as simply a "good starter," yet last night he got chosen by another group as a top 100 player in the NFL.

Lee Smith should probably be an orange. Jeff Tuel is at least a dark green. At least. Pretty harsh on EJ, but whatever.

After reading their notes on the bottom of the page, it seems like they are making some guesses without having all the information. They claim to be baffled by the bills signing slot corner Corey Graham after Robey had such a good year. I'm expecting Graham to play FS.

Kid of click-baity. No real explanation of EJ (I'd put him at below-average after a rookie season of ups and downs and injury, "poor" suggests the need for immediate replacement, which I am not buying). Mario Williams as anything other than elite is a clear joke. Eric Wood is also at least a "Good starter" and is better at his job than Kraig Urbik is. McKelvin was a good starter last year.

Kiko is rated as simply a "good starter," yet last night he got chosen by another group as a top 100 player in the NFL.

Lee Smith should probably be an orange. Jeff Tuel is at least a dark green. At least. Pretty harsh on EJ, but whatever.

After reading their notes on the bottom of the page, it seems like they are making some guesses without having all the information. They claim to be baffled by the bills signing slot corner Corey Graham after Robey had such a good year. I'm expecting Graham to play FS.

Just as baffled as the draft experts who downgraded the Bills for taking Ross Cockrell in the 4th when there were better corners available. Except they didn't take into account that we have two very solid starting corners, and Cockrell is just as likely to play safety. They acted like we were one of those teams that actually needed a starting corner. No research as usual.