Unlike Kiper's A- grade, Texan's Johnson not happy…

You become a qb guru for working with Tom Brady? I could be a qb guru then. :)

It has very little to do with Brady. I tell you what, I am drafting Fitz in the last round of my fantasy football draft this year, because O'Brien knows QBs.

1) When he was QB Coach at Duke, a guy by the name of Thaddeus Lewis put up monster numbers

2) When he was at Penn State, he turned Matt McGoin into a walk-on dud into an NFL starter in just one year.

3) Christian Hackenberg (admittedly a 5 star prospect), had a GREAT year as a freshman at Penn State, and is spoken of as a potential future #1 overall QB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict that a Ryan will be their QB but it won't be Fitz. I am thinking they are trying to get something done with NE

They were trying, but it fell through. They probably didn't want to give up more than a 6th rounder for him, and I don't blame them.

I actually liked the Texans not reaching for a QB. You don't take a QB unless you think he is the guy. Why waste a pick on a player just to satisfy your fanbase? Savage is a young guy who is a project but they got him in the 4th. Fitz is a innings eater QB, decent enough to hold down the fort and ideally a backup.

If your scouting staff and coaching staff felt like there was no QB's worth taking why waste the pick? You got a dynamic defensive player 1st overall, a really good guard in round 2, and some good players in the later rounds.

Savage is a longshot at best. They had their pick of the litter at QB and Bortles went 3rd overall.

You become a qb guru for working with Tom Brady? I could be a qb guru then. :)

Honestly, the Tom Savage hype is crazy. How many Qbs bounce around 3 schools (none particularly good) to become success in the NFL.

Johnson should want out. He's still a beast. NE should try to trade for him but they won't give up any of their valuable draft picks so they can trade down in next year's draft. :)

No, we do not want him on NE!! The Steelers could use another WR weapon, and Big Ben can get him the ball. Keep him out of AFC East. Actually very surprised he's not on the 49ers. They had a million picks in the draft.

It has very little to do with Brady. I tell you what, I am drafting Fitz in the last round of my fantasy football draft this year, because O'Brien knows QBs.

1) When he was QB Coach at Duke, a guy by the name of Thaddeus Lewis put up monster numbers

2) When he was at Penn State, he turned Matt McGoin into a walk-on dud into an NFL starter in just one year.

3) Christian Hackenberg (admittedly a 5 star prospect), had a GREAT year as a freshman at Penn State, and is spoken of as a potential future #1 overall QB

Bill O'Brien is a great QB coach, for the reasons you mentioned. But, Fitz has been around a long time, and I think lacks the strength to hit Johnson.

Well, so was Chan....

and if fitz plays like chan got him to but you sub a top ten defense in for the dave wannstedt debacle, and swap stevie out for andre johnson you dont think that they could have potentially played a game in january?

not saying that plateauing there is a good thing, just that the texans COULD be a team we are watching down the stretch if we are in a race to 9 wins for the 6 seed.

I mean you can do that for a lot of guys. Ryan Nassib was like a one star recruit at Cuse and was talked about as a 1st round NFL pick. Chan Gailey took average at best talents in Fiedler, Fitz, and Thigpen and made them into serviceable starters.

I'm a Fitz fan. I love everything about him except his arm. But Gailey got as much as you could get out of him. Their defense should be pretty good though.

But, Fitz has been around a long time, and I think lacks the strength to hit Johnson.

the thing johnson has that our WRs didnt was that being such a big physical guy he fights for the ball well, and can turn a 10 yard slant into a home run better than guys like stevie or jones or nelson or.... thats not to say fitz will suddenly be a 50 td guy, but i think that he needs that kind of WR more than some other qbs out there would.

I mean you can do that for a lot of guys. Ryan Nassib was like a one star recruit at Cuse and was talked about as a 1st round NFL pick. Chan Gailey took average at best talents in Fiedler, Fitz, and Thigpen and made them into serviceable starters.

I'm a Fitz fan. I love everything about him except his arm. But Gailey got as much as you could get out of him. Their defense should be pretty good though.

ill agree i dont expect fitz to play better. simply that obrien will potentially get chan level fitz (good and bad)

though i think he looked at his absolute worst when down a score in the 4th and unable to count on the defense-- when he couldnt hide that arm and had to try to force some throws he shouldnt normally make. if he was grinding out some games up 7-10 points with a stout defense it would cut a lot of those UGLY throws at big moments that we all remember well.

the thing johnson has that our WRs didnt was that being such a big physical guy he fights for the ball well, and can turn a 10 yard slant into a home run better than guys like stevie or jones or nelson or.... thats not to say fitz will suddenly be a 50 td guy, but i think that he needs that kind of WR more than some other qbs out there would.

ill agree i dont expect fitz to play better. simply that obrien will potentially get chan level fitz (good and bad)

though i think he looked at his absolute worst when down a score in the 4th and unable to count on the defense-- when he couldnt hide that arm and had to try to force some throws he shouldnt normally make. if he was grinding out some games up 7-10 points with a stout defense it would cut a lot of those UGLY throws at big moments that we all remember well.

I agree with this. I also don't think people fully apperciate how great Spiller and Jackson were playing with Fitz. Teams loaded the box with Fitz because they had no fear of being beat deep. If only Fitz had Losman's arm.

I agree with this. I also don't think people fully apperciate how great Spiller and Jackson were playing with Fitz. Teams loaded the box with Fitz because they had no fear of being beat deep. If only Fitz had Losman's arm.

yup - foster and johnson might go a long way in producing dynamic results similar to those guys. being able to take short stuff the distance as opposed to being guys you have to get it to over the top. though either may fall off a cliff with production any day now.

The reality is that only Bills fans and Chan Gailey think Fitzpatrick is an NFL QB. The guy stinks, which is why he is on his 3rd team in years.

Why did the Titans get rid of him if he was so great? Locker is always hurt and Fitzpatrick came in and played a lot of games for them. You would think they would keep "the best backup in football" at the very least.

He isn't any good. It's simple. 2 good plays followed by three bad ones.

I used to hate arguing about him with delusional Bills fans but in the end the results speak for themselves. You either can or can't, and Fitzpatrick can't.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Ryan Mallett will be involved if there is a deal.

Bill, you're the only person in the world willing to trade for Mallett. :) That said, if I need a guy to party with and who I can beat with ease in a race, I'd roll with RM.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Bill, you're the only person in the world willing to trade for Mallett. :) That said, if I need a guy to party with and who I can beat with ease in a race, I'd roll with RM.

It makes sense. They have Fitz and a 4th round rookie, right? Plus, Mallett doesn't make much money.

It's a good thing to bring quarterbacks to a football team, no? ;)

It makes sense. They have Fitz and a 4th round rookie, right? Plus, Mallett doesn't make much money.

It's a good thing to bring quarterbacks to a football team, no? ;)

Good ones, sure. Mallett has proven that he's not even good enough to be a backup.

I will say Bill, you stand your ground. Mallett has a bright future, Spiller and McKelvin suck, Aaron Murray in the 2nd. You go down with the ship. :)