What's the Status of Steve Mcnair??

Last I herd, he was considering retirement due to his injury build ups the past couple seasons?? will he get released if he decideds NOT to retire?

Which poses the question, say mcnair was to have successful surgery, rehab, and weight train..and pronounce himself healthy and ready for another season..On top of that the Titans believe he's more of a liability then a starting quarterback..how bout Steve Mcnair as a possible veteran quarterback coming in here to fill the void if bledsoe departs??

If he passes a physical and the team doctors believe he's football ready, would it be a pretty thin suggestion? or a decent possiblity to bring him in here??

Thoughts??

It might be an interesting alternative, but I think he would command far too much money for the Bills to be interested. Don't forget, he was a co-MVP of the leauge just a year ago. If he is contemplating retirement, money and the chance to win a ring would seem to be the only things to stop him. It would have to be crazy money, because it doesn't sound like he needs it. And, lets face it, the Bills have not been a very solid playoff contender since 1999.

I think Mort said this morning that McNair was recovering nicely from his injury, but seemed a little discouraged by the departure of the Titans O-cooridinator (Mike Hime-a-dinger to the Dolphins). He was going to hold off on making a decision, until he saw the direction the Titans were heading. It was specualted that he wouldn't want to stay if their was a roster purge. The Titans are supposed to be about 22 million over the cap next season, so a roster purge seems pretty likely.