Patriots' Manziel Scouting Report?

Peter

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think there are a ton of surprises reading that. when you get past the guys that love him with no questions, and those that hate him no matter what - it sounds like what a lot of people have said around here.

I can't imagine first year HC Pettine will be tolerating any of that behavior from his rook QB.

JF probably could not have asked for a better team to be drafted by. Hopefully for his sake he will sack up now that he is in the NFL.

I listen to Pettine interviewed often on the radio here. The interesting thing that seems evident every time they talked to him pre-draft is that he reiterates over and over that Shanahan had control, from a coaching perspective, over the offensive draft board with Farmer. He keeps saying Shanahan has the offensive expertise, because he is a defensive guy. Either this is true and Shanny advocated for JFF without Pettine needing to sign off, or Pettine is trying to distance himself from the decision in case it does not work out. I have to think it is the latter - as a HC, how could you not be involved in hand-picking a 1st round draft choice QB in your first season? Edited by YoloinOhio

I listen to Pettine interviewed often on the radio here. The interesting thing that seems evident every time they talked to him pre-draft is that he reiterates over and over that Shanahan had control, from a coaching perspective, over the offensive draft board with Farmer. He keeps saying Shanahan has the offensive expertise, because he is a defensive guy. Either this is true and Shanny advocated for JFF without Pettine needing to sign off, or Pettine is trying to distance himself from the decision in case it does not work out. I have to think it is the latter - as a HC, how could you not be involved in hand-picking a 1st round draft choice QB in your first season?

Agreed. Plus as a rookie HC, if your rookie first round QB is !@#$ing off you had better get involved and make sure your OC is all over it. And I suspect he will be. JF will not get a pass for that bull **** any more. Being hands off to that degree does not strike me as being in Pettines DNA.

I listen to Pettine interviewed often on the radio here. The interesting thing that seems evident every time they talked to him pre-draft is that he reiterates over and over that Shanahan had control, from a coaching perspective, over the offensive draft board with Farmer. He keeps saying Shanahan has the offensive expertise, because he is a defensive guy. Either this is true and Shanny advocated for JFF without Pettine needing to sign off, or Pettine is trying to distance himself from the decision in case it does not work out. I have to think it is the latter - as a HC, how could you not be involved in hand-picking a 1st round draft choice QB in your first season?

Hmmm....how can you not draft a WR over three days and 7 rounds, when you know you desperately need one?

Edward Snowden strikes again!

If that's for real, it's pretty damning. Doesn't study the playbook?? Yikes.

Doesn't watch film except when he plays Bama? Will he ignore film study if he is playing Houston, Buffalo, Oakland (last place schedule) but study it when playing the Steelers? Good luck with that. Sure all of this can change in the NFL. But the hardest thing to predict about college players transitioning to the pros is how they will handle things that they were not asked to do in college. It is hard enough to predict that they will be able to do the same things they did in college in the NFL. If true, his learning curve will be tremendous because it sounds to me as if he is neither self-disciplined nor self-motivated. There is a reason the "shorter QBs" he is compared to like Brees and Wilson were able to succeed. They were relentless workers and film junkies. They did not rely on their previous success or their physical gifts. This has to come from within, it is not a "let the coaches work with him" flaw.

Hmmm....how can you not draft a WR over three days and 7 rounds, when you know you desperately need one?

Biggest topic on the radio today. Extremely hard to make excuses for that. Even before they knew they were losing Gordon, they needed at least 1 WR. Nada.

"Outlaw bloodlines" is the most amazing thing I've ever read in a scouting report.

I have told you guys that bloodlines matter. I can promise that the Pats would not have picked Andrew Luck as he comes from crappy QB bloodlines and his 7 turnovers in the playoffs prove it.

One thing I noticed is that Johnny Football never mentioned Pettine when discussing going to Cleveland... he mentioned the other principal coaches and of course the GM but no mention of the head coach?

Manziel just bugs me... when I see him or hear him speak he makes my skin crawl

Patriots' Manziel Scouting Report?

http://www.brobible....gland-patriots/

All those character issues and so called worked habits are nothing but BS to cover why you don't like a guy. His own coach said he was the most competitive hardest working guy he has been around.

Now he is going to struggle this year not just because he is a rookie but because Cleveland is too stupid to get him some weapons. Jacksonville did it right with Bortles by getting him Marquis Lee and Allen Robinson