2013 revisited - how little had to happen to change 6-10 to 10-6

I'd add that having a true power back will be a great advantage when trying to protect a lead. Being able to run the ball effectively even when the other team knows you're going to do it is something we haven't been able to do for a long time. An improved O-Line will also help with this obviously.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd add that having a true power back will be a great advantage when trying to protect a lead. Being able to run the ball effectively even when the other team knows you're going to do it is something we haven't been able to do for a long time. An improved O-Line will also help with this obviously.

And FJax won't have to worry about an ILB knocking him out with a head shot. :flirt:

Lose ALL our QB's at some point - playing UDFA???

This is actually a problem created by the coaching staff. It's not like they lost their 1st and 2nd string QB, and had to go out and grab UDFA off the street during the season just to field a QB.

Going into the season, the UDFA WAS the 2nd string QB. This was a disaster waiting to happen.

There was a ridiculous percentage of how many games were lost by 4 pts or less and went down to the last drive.

That is what the NFL wants to keep it exciting. I used to use these same excuses for years until I saw all of the data, and we have not been good enough to win.

I do think we can have a positive outcome this year.